Noisy pressure plate

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Noisy pressure plate
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Byron on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 02:25 pm:

Finally found (I hope) the source of a rattling noise that been bugging me for the last 100 miles around town (fraid to put on the road very far). The pressure plate rivets were real loose. Fortunely I had a good spare. My question to "T Land" is, is this a common malady in the T tranny, and can this be tightened up, by re-striking the original rivets, Replacing with fresh rivets (cold or hot), and if replacing, can I rely on the existing rivet holes, or is a assy, jig needed. Anyway it was a good time to replace the clutch with the Watts package from Mr, RV Anderson. Thanks for your inputs.....Byron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 03:08 pm:

The real fix is to get it all aligned and hammer it shut and weld it closed. I have seen them brazed but IMHO welding is better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Byron on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 03:40 pm:

Thanks Frank for pointing me down a different road. At times I get a one track mind. I looked at this thing, and all I seen was rivets, welding never crossed my mind. It's an obvious no-brainer.....Byron

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration