Lost Power On Hills # "2" !!!!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Lost Power On Hills # "2" !!!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By shane on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 06:43 pm:

Did a compression test and they are from 45 to 40 PSI. Is this good or bad? I have an after market distributor on it now. Delco Remy # 625F - 9K20 and has the weights under the plate and springs. This advances? Or retards? Did alot of changes and checks but no luck up hills. Thanks for any help or power tricks. Should I try the buzz coils and timer! Shane

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john curry on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 07:24 pm:

does the engine rev high enough to make the advance work on a delco distributor? you could be running somewhat with retarded timing.

as to compression pressure, 40 to 45 lbs. is good, especially if you are using a 6v. system. john

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 07:42 pm:

I would think the compression is good.Mostly you are looking for fairly even numbers accross the board.
Retarded spark and even a rich mixture could bog it down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Houston, Broken Arrow, OK on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 08:11 pm:

Did you ground the distributor to the block?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim ( www.ModelTengine.com ) on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 08:44 pm:

Shane, post some photos of the hill for us.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration