Starter

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Starter
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Dailledouze on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 09:17 pm:

I have a starter with what looks like original cloth insulation. This insulation is decaying and is coming off. New modern shrink boot OK to provide insulation on re-assembly?

If not what is a common application?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 09:36 pm:

Chris
I assume your talking about the cotton insulation on the #7 gauge field winding pigtails that connect to the brush holders?
If so, you can un-solder the flag terminals, clean the old cloth covering off, replace it with a modern fiberglass impregnated sleeving and resolder the flag terminals to the ends.
If this is what your talking about contact me via email. I have a roll of the sleeving and can send you two different length pieces for both pigtails.
I am leaving for Chickasha early tomorrow morning and if I don't respond immediately be patient.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Dailledouze on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 09:43 pm:

Ron thanks, yes these are the pigtails I speak of.

I will be there (Chickasha) on Thursday, I'll look you up. I will be heading up there on Thursday as I am about 2.5 hours away. I am the guy with the 'Goss' HCCT'er.

Where do you buy the fiberglass sleeving, I assume a vintage electronic store...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 09:55 pm:

Chris
You have to buy at least 25 feet of it. I use it every day and can justify it. I will bring a short length to Chickasha for you. You will find me serving pizza at noon on Thursday. Look me up.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Sanford on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 12:10 pm:

Ron, Can you bring some additional "Samples"? I have the same situation?

Thanks

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration