Enclosed T coupe trailer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Enclosed T coupe trailer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel Denis Chicoine, MD on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 11:20 pm:

We've been looking and looking for a used enclosed trailer for our T. My 23 Touring is 80 inches tall so I need at least that height if I keep the top up. We are planning on getting a Coupe in the future. There are 78 inch high trailers available but very few that are higher. Also, I'd need to clear the door openning. What height are those of you with coupes using. I may plan on lowering the top when I use the touring.
Noel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie Tosch on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 11:27 pm:

Noel,

There are trailers available with enough height for your T with the top up and that's what you should try to find. Trust me, it's no fun to have to put the top down just to put the car in the trailer. I have to do that with one of my cars and it really grits on me every time I have load the car into the trailer. It's really no fun in the rain either. Higher is definitely the way to go.

Charlie Tosch

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel Keefer on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 12:38 am:

Noel C
When I bought my new trailer I specified the increased height. Costs a little but it is nice.
Noel K

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Von Nordheim on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 12:43 am:

Noel,

Take a look on e-bay, there are a lot of standard height (78") enclosed trailers however, I have also found a few extra tall trailers. Look under enclosed cargo/car trailers located near where the RV's are listed. Four months ago, I had an older 18ft. enclosed trailer that was 90" tall which a local friend with a T bought. I replaced it with a new V-nose tall (94") trailer that I found thru looking on e-bay. It may take some looking but e-bay is a good source for car trailers. I agree with my fellow REO owner (Charlie Tosh) that a tall trailer is the way to go if you can find one. Besides towing, I also store a car in my trailer....allway's keep the top up and it lasts better that way. Good luck, Les

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel Denis Chicoine, MD on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 11:08 am:

I've been looking on E-bay, but the only ones I've seen are over 1000 miles away, on the right or left coasts. It would be pretty tough to take 6 days off work to go get one. I can have one made and get it locally, but it costs about $3000 more than buying used. That's a lot of T parts! Will a 78" trailer fit a standard coupe?
Noel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Von Nordheim on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 10:38 pm:

Noel,
After much looking on E-bay I ended up having one custom built by Royal Cargo Trailers. Contact Mr. Greg Shetterly who is in sales....(574) 825-9518. They are located in Middlebury, Ind. You can E-mail him at gshetterly@royalcargotrailers.com
Building a taller trailer is not a problem according to what I was told by Greg. He was very helpful! I my optinion, it is much better to deal with the manufacturer when needing something special as a high trailer. Standard height trailers....78" tall are plentiful both new and used. There are numerous things to consider in having a trailer built....such as: LED trailer lights, E-track tie downs/D-rings, 3rd member tongue,V-nose,torsion axles/leaf spring (3500/5000 Lb.,double axle/elect brakes,alum. roof/galvanized,beaver tail ramp door, bogey wheels to name a few. Good luck, have fun shopping. les

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration