Drivers test in T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Drivers test in T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Cullen on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 11:31 pm:

A few months ago there was a thread with a link to a site that had pictures of a couple of teenage girls, somewhere in the upper midwest who owned speedsters and also had a link to a newspaper article about a girl who took her drivers license road test in a T. A friend of mine's daughter was asking us about Ts today, and I mentioned seeing that story and she really seemed interested. I need to send her a link so she can check it out. I tried 37 pages of search matches, and couldn't find the thread or anything on it. Did anyone happen to save the link or remember the thread?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Von Nordheim on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 12:04 am:

Mike,

Go to "Another one back on the road again" march 12, 2008 02:37PM by Anthony J. Marino. Scroll down to second entry and see the attachment. It is not the specific one you may be looking for but it is about a young girl getting a drivers lesson in a T. I thought it was good.....hopefully your daughter will also be interested. Les

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Stanzione on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 08:02 am:

Mike,

Try this one

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/48691.html?1204465848

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 10:26 am:

Mike, here it is:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/50091.html?1205347072

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 03:42 pm:

Mike go to:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/10710.html#POST15803

By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 10:38 am:

I bought my first T when I was 21, and still have it plus a few more. Our club, the Dairyland Tin Lizzies in Southeast Wisconsin, has about 40 members and about 1/3 of them are 40 or younger. The youngest is 16 and she has her own T. She took her drivers license road test in it last summer - see the article in the last issue of The Vintage Ford.

I definately agree that there are lots of younger members entering the hobby and that this site and the internet has really helped.

Fordially, Keith Gubminger

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Cullen on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 08:34 pm:

Thanks guys, I sent her a link to this thread, and I'll be digging through last years magazines for the article, come to think of it, the best thing I saw was in the magazine, several pictures, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne in Malvern, PA on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 11:18 pm:

There's a nice article on the two girls with speedsters in an issue of Hemming's Classic Cars from several months ago. I'll see if I can find the reference for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steamboat on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 07:18 pm:

I also took my first driver's test in a model T, only they put a restriction on my license: "Model T Ford Only." But that was in 1938, it may be different now.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration