Update on Classtique Upholstery & Tops

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Update on Classtique Upholstery & Tops
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 04:12 pm:

Last Fall some folks were looking for information on Classtique Upholstery and Tops. Elizabeth Estepp, who bought the business from Colleen (the original owner) has moved the business from Isanti, Minnesota to Ham Lake, Minnesota and is about 5 to 10 minutes from my house. Classtique used to install interiors and tops for customers but they are now focusing on making up the interior and top kits for sale.

Address:
Classtique Upholstery
14814 Durant St. NE
Ham Lake, MN 55304
Phone: (763)439-4441
Fax: (320)358-1925
Toll Free: 1-866-669-6604
Email:elizabeth@estepp.com

<www.classtiqueupholstery.info/>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Morse on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 08:35 pm:

Ouch!!! I just looked at the price of the upholstery for my '24 tudor sedan. I'm not close to that part of my restoration yet, but I'm not looking forward to that. In their defense they seem pretty much in line with everyone else though.

Nobody said this hobby is cheap so I'm not complaining, just cringing.

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Boe on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 10:32 pm:

The thing I liked is that they offer leather as an option on any of the open cars. I drive my 26 roadster alot and would definitely put leather in it if I were to reupholster it.

David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 07:09 am:

I hear they have the best kits in the business, and pay attention to detail, but haven't seen or used one. I made my own.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 08:44 am:

I plan on dropping by the new operation sometime in the near future to scope out their new shop.

Mark & Sheri Cameron used Classtique almost exclusively, and if you've seen their installations it'll give you a good idea of the quality of the product.

Evidently, Classtique dropped off the radar due to the move and both Colleen (who still helps out part time) and Elizabeth had back operations that layed them up for a while. Pretty much their reason for curtailing installations and focusing on kits.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent in 10-uh-C on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 10:49 am:

I don't know if my 2 cents counts for anything but since August of last year we have purchased & installed 7 Model T & A kits from Classtique and presently have 2 more uph. kits and a Phaeton top kit on order. I cannot say 'enuf good things about her kits from what we have seen/experienced thus far.

On the other hand, if someone gave me 'free of charge' another one of those pitiful "Wal-Mart quality" kits whose parent company is in Lockport, NY, I would rather pay the money for the Classtique kit. Our experiences with the "Lockport kit" have been a nightmare on almost every one we have installed, --and we have done more than a couple. They don't fit, they "seam" to always need re-stitching somewhere, their panel board tends to warp after time & exposure to humidity, and the best one..., we have experienced a tendancy for their seats to come unbound after some use during driving. Naturally a customer wants me to repair it after several months and the manufacturer doesn't seem to want to pay me to do it.

Those are just my actual experiences, ...your mileage may (and probably will) vary!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration