Speedometer road gear question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Speedometer road gear question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kelley blackburn on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 11:30 am:

I am restoring a 1912 touring car that has the stepside 1911 style body. It has the two piece dash and a jan. 1912 engine. In the old speedometer book it says starting in 1911 the cast iron road gear with part #22 was used, but the encyclopedia on the web site says the brass gear was used from 1909-1912. Which part would be correct for this car? thanks Kelley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 11:49 am:

Kelley,

Your engine and car was made about one month after mine. My research into the question finds that the cast iron gear was used somewhat later, around maybe April 1912. So for both our cars the earlier stamped gear was used.

The earlier #22 gear was stamped from steel sheet and brass plated. Reproductions are available from Fun Projects http://www.funprojects.com in solid brass which is more durable as far as the brass finish.

Royce

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration