Worth to look at these parts?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Worth to look at these parts?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 02:55 pm:

I responded to an ad a while back with some T parts

The fellow has told me he has:

"1 engine no head
2 bell housings one with the starter hole and 1 with out.
2 chargining coils
2 flywheels with planetery trans
1 set of band
both bell housings have pedals and bronze clutch bushing
2 oil pand no starters
a motor pan and starter
1 completed front suspension axle springs wish bone as well as the wheels"

He is also supposed to have wheels that appear to be NOS still in their original shipping box, and the serial number from the block puts it about march 1914.

Waiting for some pictures of the stuff. Could this be worth while looking at it?

Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie in Houston on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 04:12 pm:

Richard, I never pass up Model T parts if the price is right. The earlier engine blocks are getting somewhat scarce and bring good money. The early aluminum hogs head are also a little hard to find. What he is call "bell housing" is commonly called "Hogs Head" or transmission cover. Some pictures would help you make up your mind.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven G. Williams on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 05:39 pm:

Richard, just send the pictures on to me and I'll go. ;-) Just teasing... yes, its worth looking at, whether you ought to buy or not depends on your needs, your wants, your cash, their condition, his asking price, and what you can get them for. Good luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andy samuelson on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 07:10 pm:

Richard,, Even if you don't want them,tell someone else about them. They may know somebody that needs just that item. Don't let them go for junk, they don't make em like that anymo.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration