Hide Em Welting

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Hide Em Welting
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Boe on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 03:14 pm:

Greetings Everyone, I am in the middle of replacing the rotten tack strip on my 26 Roadster. I ordered the wood strip from Snyder's that comes in 5 pieces........ what a nightmare! It is not even close to fitting and I only used the ends and curved parts. The mostly straight portion on the back I had to remake using some oak. Anyway, I have a gap of about 1/2" from the top of my turtledeck to the metal flange where the tackrail mounts. My split hide em welt is about 3/4 of an inch wide. Does anybody make a welt that is wider? I need about an inch or so. I have tried the web with no success.

THANKS!
David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 07:52 pm:

While I have a '26 coupe, I am not familiar with the '26 Roadster and I'm having a hard time following your description. Can you post some pictures?

A 1/2" inch gap sounds like an awfully wide gap between body parts. Idealy, under the best of circumstances, how close is it supposed to fit? If there were no gap at all, would that be best and if so, what would need to be done to reduce the gap? Would a cabinet maker or a master woodworker be able to help by shaping the ill fitting pieces with a plane or spoke shave, or custom make the pieces for a closer fit? Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 08:49 pm:

Go to your local upholstery shop ,they can make it for you without ant trouble.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration