Old Stop light

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Old Stop light
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Otto Baron on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 01:16 am:

I recently bought a stop light for my 1920 Touring car, and yes I know it's not a ford part, I just like it. Does anyone know what make it could be?Stop light

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim williams on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 01:51 am:

Otto

I have a very similiar one on my T speedster and I don't who made it, i'll look again though

Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 04:30 am:

My guess is aftermarket accessory. Just a guess though
Ray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 07:12 am:

I think those originally were for trucks and busses made in the 1930's. I have a similar one on my 1913 touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 07:23 am:

They were available in 1923. For 26, it says "Wright stop signal."

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 07:31 am:

They are very popular on tbay. One recently sold for near $100, in today's devastated dollars.

Got this one with the 1912 body. Plan to put in on the ol' picup for a high mount center light.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Ireland on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 07:33 am:

RDR. What book is the above page from? Thanks. Dave.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 07:47 am:

It was a science magazine that my brother-in-law has. I scanned a couple of pages and sent it back to him. It wasn't Popular Science, but similar. The pages must have been numbered for the whole year. Here's another:

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Ireland on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 08:43 am:

RDR. Would you email me what you have on the T accessories. I would like to enlarge it and keep it clear. Thanks. Dave.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne in Malvern PA on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 09:37 am:

There is a set of three books, "Model T Ford Authentic Accessories, 1909-1927, vol. 1-3" published by James L. Kenealy, that show up now and again on ebay. My set has a copyright date of 1976. They are a massive compilation of period print ads for what has to be every conceivable accessory for the Model T, hundreds of them. They are alot of fun to look through, but unfortunately are not indexed nor categorized. We've found the ads for all the accessories we have for our '26 Touring.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration