Atwater Kent Distributor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Atwater Kent Distributor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 03:35 am:

Is anyone selling or reproducing caps, rotors, or points for the Atwater Kent LA distributors?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Victor Bloxsome , Australia on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 04:43 am:

or CAMSHAFT GEARS??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 07:09 am:

The gears are available from the T parts vendors I think. Try Chaffins, I bought one from them a few years ago. Not sure about the caps, rotors and points. Maybe some more modern car has parts that are close?

Royce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 07:41 am:

Does yours still have the snap action points, Jeff? Read the 1911 Unisparker ad:

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Niedzielski on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 02:24 pm:

The gears are readily available at Lang's or Chaffin's and I think Dan McEachern also sells these. As for the other parts such as the rotors, points and cap, I did post a query before if anyone had any knowledge as to modern cross-overs for Bosch and Atwater dizzies and I got nothing for feedback.. so either it is a closely guarded secret by someone out there or there is nothing. To date, my only success has been T-Bay or swapmeets. Fortunately, there were many model LA's produced so if one is patient you will find some original good parts.

What really amazes me is why the Bosch company would not do a short run of say 5000 or 10,000 caps and rotors, points for the model 600 clip-on since they are still in business. There are thousands of distributors sitting on shelves waiting for such parts. (I do not care to hear about the "profitability aspect" of this for the Bosch company. (It is important to do something good for the world wherein you are giving back. I do it all the time in my business and I am just a one-man show, not a multi-million dollar company). ..Somebody post me a contact name of someone high up in Bosch and I will volunteer to go after them on this idea.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 02:29 pm:

Why not ask Mallory instead? They are here in the USA. Bosch is in Germany last time I checked.
http://www.malloryperformance.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 02:53 pm:

I have a set of NOS points.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 02:08 am:

I'm just thinking ahead here, and thought it might be a good idea to start rounding up some pieces for future use. Right now, my points are ok. The rotor appears to have been repaired, and works ok, but the carbon button in the cap is worn down. If I can get it out, I'll replace it with one from some other cap. It shouldn't be too hard to do. I haven't cleaned the coil up yet, but it looks like it may be the Atwater Kent coil too, but I don't see a condenser. Is it part of the coil? There doesn't appear to be a place in the distributor for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 07:35 am:

Mine has a condenser screwed to the side of the distributor.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration