Asbestos in T's ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Asbestos in T's ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brian c lawrence on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 12:59 pm:

Just curious is there any asbestos used in building the model T? Interior or anything?

Brian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan Jorgensen on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 01:18 pm:

there are asbestos exhaust/intake gaskets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 01:22 pm:

Pre 1917 had aspestos wrap on the muffler. 1926 and 27 may have had some in the rear brakes. That should be it. Unless someone added some sort of padding to the body sides to cut the noise down or used after market bands.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Brown on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 04:40 pm:

There is also some in behind gas head lamps....it sits between the reflector and the back of the body...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Von Nordheim on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 11:58 pm:

I have two early replacement lined emergency brake shoe's with what looks to be asbestos linings. These are not the cast steel sets that are currently avaliable. The set is hanging up in my car barn. Les

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 05:08 am:

There were accessory band linings sold that were asbestos. Of course, in oil there is little danger since the dust is only a problem when in the air. Saturated with oil, it ain't going far.

Your T ain't gonna kill you Bryan :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 05:09 am:

Oh, I see Mark already mentioned the bands...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brian c lawrence on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 06:51 am:

Ray,

I was just curious, cause were going through asbestos training this week at work.

Brian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 07:00 am:

It's ok Brian, I was just playin around. :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration