Opportunity for a Model T in a New York Parade

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Opportunity for a Model T in a New York Parade
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DaGunny on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 08:00 am:

These folks are hosting the Model T Tour in Scotland. A unique opportunity for a Model T to lead a New York parade.

PLEASE can you help, I have been at this for weeks and I am not getting anywhere. I have been in touch with people and I am getting no response back, Plus some of the emails I send are coming back host unfound. Could you please post the attached letter for us on the Amercan Model T Ford Club and the Model T Ford Club International. or do you know anyone in the New York area who could help. Your help would be very much appreciated, Maria Povey Mapov@aol.com

My name is Mike Povey and I am the organiser on behalf of The Model T Register of Great Britain for the Model T Centenary Rally in Scotland.
One of the things we have done to honour Henry Ford and his famous Model T is introduce a Model T Ford Centennial Tartan.
We look upon this as a Scottish Icon saluting an American Icon.
As part of the introduction of the Model T Centennial Tartan we have been invited to take part in Tartan Week in New York and have been offered the chance to lead the Grand Parade of thousands of floats and pipe bands on Saturday 5th April.
For this we need the use of a Model T Ford, this offers a unique occasion to promote the Model T and prestige for the Model T owner.
I have been in touch with other organisations but so far I have had no response as you will understand I am getting more than anxious to obtain a Model T so as not to miss this high profile media coverage, hope you can be of help and look forward to hearing from you all the best, Mike Povey

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 09:59 am:

When most people think of New York, they think of the city. New York state is over 400 miles from one end to the other. It would appear that this parade is in New York City from the text.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Tuominen on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 02:53 pm:

I just pulled up the NYC Chamber of Commerce events schedule. Nothing listed for Saturday, April 5th

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 04:19 pm:

Tartan Day is a national day of heritage recognition for Scottish Americans. The Declaration of Arbroath, on which our Declaration of Independence is based, was signed on April 6, 1320.

http://www.tartanday.org/

Google turns up details of the 2007 parade in New York (plus lots of other events) but the 2008 parade details don't seem to be there yet. Many places around the country have Tartan day events. We have one here in Missouri every year.

http://www.motartanday.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Sacchi on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 04:47 pm:

There are details on this website:

http://www.standrewsny.org

The parade starts on 6th Avenue at 45th Street.

(That's in the borough of Manhattan for you non-New Yorkers, also known as NYC, NY :-) )

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 10:08 pm:

DaGunny:

I remember meeting Mike Povey at Hershey a few years back.... you were with me when he offered to buy my brand new wool 8 section cap right off my head !!.... exactly for what I paid. What a guy !!

Bob Jablonski

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration