BUCK T Special - thank you all for your help

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: BUCK T Special - thank you all for your help
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By smilebigtt on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 09:57 pm:

Two and a half years work, all the help and reasurence from you guys, yesterday I started it for a first time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 10:27 pm:

Nice job! Looks like a fun racer.

Royce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Jeandrevin on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 10:35 pm:

That is sharp! You did a nice job!!

Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 11:03 pm:

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like it'll be a really fun one to drive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By smilebigtt on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 11:46 pm:

oh, just to let you know, tonight I did turn around the number 1 on the right hand side. Guess I need to go back to grade school to be retrained which way the english write numbers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 12:32 am:

Great Job! Good luck on your shake down testing.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap Tucker 1915 Model T Ford touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and 1907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 05:01 am:

very nice Tyrone!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lindsay Martin on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 05:06 am:

how loud is it with those zoomy headers???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By smilebigtt on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 07:18 am:

Lindsay, sorry to say but the pipes alone are way too loud. Its now the morning after running it and my ears are still ringing. I was really hoping to leave the pipes open, but there is no way your hearing can take it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 07:32 am:

Simple Tyrone...Ear plugs!!!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone thomas on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 08:21 am:

Problem, I will have to be at the end of the parade because even at idle I will drown out our huge 10 piece marching band.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Sizemore on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 08:32 am:

Tyrone... put an exhaust whistle on each pipe. LOL
Have you own 4 horn band.
JS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone thomas on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 08:50 am:

There you go. I can tune each whistle to play song combined, get a monkey on a leash, a big barrel of fresh roasted peanuts, a busy street corner and get filthy rich. lol. Thanks John for the great idea. Watch for me on the stock market.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 11:25 am:

Super car, Tyrone.

The Fronty in our Speedster had straight 8" stacks when we got it, and it wasn't that bad on the hearing.. . Huh? Retarding the timing would make it very loud, with blue flames.

Neat that you picked up the Kant-Skore piston rings logo. That's kind of a bad name for a racer, however.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone thomas on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 03:28 pm:

Ricks, thanks to you posting that picture, I went with Kant as a "sponcer". I like it from the very start. I wonder and if you know, was kant and Skore the name of two people and with that spelling? It almost has to be with what Kant-Skore would translate in todays term - can't score. I think that is what drew my to the name. It just stands out. So thank you very much for the idea. I should find an old race track and take some black and white photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By , on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 03:36 pm:

"kant skore" the cylinder walls

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone thomas on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 03:51 pm:

But was "Kant" and "Skore" the names of two people who developed the Kant-Shore Piston Rings?
Like "Ford" - Henry Ford,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Mino on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 07:49 pm:

The Kant Skore piston was designed with an unusual expansion slot.

KantSkore-1

KantSkore-2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By smilebigtt on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 09:32 pm:

Phil, is it just the picture or does it have a longer skirt then most pistons of the time?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Mino on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 09:56 pm:

Good eye!

Yes, the Kant Skore piston is taller. Looks like 4 5/16" vs. 3 3/4" of the original iron pistons. (Yardstick accuracy)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration