Heat pipe really needed?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Heat pipe really needed?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone thomas on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 08:26 am:

Is the carb heat pipe really needed in warm weather for a T to run correctly?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 08:43 am:

Not on my car (stock low-compression, swayback NH, Motorcraft F11 plugs, Ford coils on 12 VDC, stock exhaust with turbo muffler and 1.75" diameter tailpipe).

Works fine at 50F without it.

Good going on that racer of yours! Drive it and let it tell you whether or not it needs that hot air pipe.

Seth

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone thomas on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 08:52 am:

As always, you have the right answer Seth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 11:44 am:

I don't know how right it is, but in the spirit of a speedster where less is more.......

Others disagree with me on this one too, so let your car tell you.

Without means colder air for more power and no added weight!

Seth :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 09:53 pm:

I've taken the stove off my stock '13. Had it out today at 38 degrees, and it ran fine.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration