Switch to mag, hit starter

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Switch to mag, hit starter
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Gorslin on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 01:21 pm:

Hello, there has been a ton of information recently regarding the art of starting on mag. My question is, Would starting on mag using the starter cause any harm? I ask because my car runs so much better on mag and I thought maybe it would start easier on mag. There must be some reason why it's not preferred or everyone would be doing it. Any thoughts?
Thanks
Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Alongi on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 02:16 pm:

Gary,

Anything that spins the motor will start it, as long as there's spark to the plugs, but it will start easier on bat because there's already spark going to one of the plugs when you hit the starter.

Alex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Gorslin on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 04:36 pm:

Alex, thank you very much. I couldn't think of any negatives for using the starter other than a short delay for spark. I may try to use the starter on mag when it's cold here. I know it doesn't get cold here in Arizona, but Daisy gets cranky until it is warmed up. In summer it fires up immediately.
Thanks again!!
Gary

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration