Chev crank in a T?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Chev crank in a T?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Abbott on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 08:46 am:

Ive been told for the second time that a chev crank will work in a T motor and may be better than a Model A crank.
Jack Darron was the first to mention it, I thought he was loosing it. The idea kinda turns my gut, but I`d like to learn more about this since I have a crank and rods. Thanks. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 08:53 am:

Dan,

See thread entitled "Model A cranks revisited", March 21 for plenty of info on the Chevrolet crank's use in a T engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 09:01 am:

Dan,

There were a couple of postings on the MTFCI forum that are not currently avaiable on-line. This is a test to see if I can attach a word file with those posting here or not.

application/octet-stream
Chevy engine parts in T.doc (102.4 k)

application/msword
Chevy engine partrs in T part 2.doc (118.8 k)

Respectfully testing,

Hap Tucker 1915 Model T Ford touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and 1907 Model S Runabout Sumter SC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 09:09 am:

Both my files were word documents -- but the fist one -- is worthless but the second one has a nice photo of the 28 Chevy crank in the T block. They both come up in word on my computer before I post them but not after they are posted. Sorry about the bad fist file.

test again:

application/msword
Chevy engine parts in T another try.doc (102.4 k)

Respectfully submitted,

Hap Tucker 1915 Model T Ford touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and 1907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 09:14 am:

The upload worked the last time. It has a nice photo of each unmodified crank setting on a T block. Give you some idea of how much they are off from the original.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap Tucker 1915 Model T Ford Touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and 1907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration