Accessory Manifold Heater

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Accessory Manifold Heater
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Zipperer on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 01:59 pm:

I would like to know if anyone has this style manifold heater intalled on a 26-27 model coupe. I recently bought his off ebay and it does not seem to fit my manifold without hitting the lower part of cowl. I could grind about an inch out of the cowl, but really do not want to do that to my T unless it was necessary.I do have a stock T manifold and not the vaporizer. Any info or pictures would be very helpful. I will attempt to attach a couple of pictures to this post.

Thank You
Sam
Manifold Heater
manifold heater

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Rogne on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 02:27 pm:

What you have could be from a model A, hence longer. You will probably have to shorten it or modify yhe fit elsewhere. I have a similiar item on my 24 2door and required a little fiddeling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By johnd on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 07:11 pm:

Its made for an earlier T or TT, with different style firewall, and the door goes on the inside of the floor board, after cutting out a square hole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim McDermaid on Friday, November 04, 2005 - 03:04 pm:

I have a similar looking heater thats been on my 22 since 22. Mine does not have the long chute and does not appear modified. There is a short chute that curves over the Exhaust pipe. It is mounted on the lower slanted floor board directly over the exhaust pipe near the manifold.

I will say on a cool day you do get some warmness but in a blinding snow storm it is useless.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard G.Goelz on Friday, November 04, 2005 - 05:05 pm:

I think it fits on the exhaust pipe just below the floor.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration