Way Off topic - 2013 My Paycheck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Way Off topic - 2013 My Paycheck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 07:58 am:

I was informed that we got over the fiscal cliff and the tax cuts will remain in place for everyone except those that earn over $450,000 a year.

Then I got a message from our payroll department stating that I will pay an additional 2% of my salary in 2013 because the Social Security tax reduction has ended.

I don't understand!-- I don't earn over $450,000 and the tax reduction did not end but I'll be giving the government an additional 2% of the money I earn--

Did I miss something???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 08:06 am:

Fred, welcome to the world of half-truth 'buckets'. The Bush deductions for IRS brackets were extended except for those supposed super-rich. The 2% reduction in SS tax was NOT extended.

There use to be a comic strip called, 'there outta' be a law!'

The other part that people will miss is that the approval was on taxs...with revised spending cuts to come 'later' once the folks settle down...and it just so happens we will hit the debt ceiling once again before the spending cuts are considered.

SSDD

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 08:39 am:

Fred, we are apparently trying to follow the example of that economic powerhouse, France, and tax our way to prosperity....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 08:46 am:

Unless they change something further which I strongly doubt they will, here is the way it shakes out as I see it...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ex trooper on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 08:57 am:

Better sit down and RE-READ Orwelles 1984. Thats called double speak.
"Chocolate rations have increased 3 grams per person..." (actually a reduction from 2 years earlier, yet an increase from last years post reduction reduction). Eurasia has won the battle. troop

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 09:17 am:

And Obama just used executive order to give himself, all of congress and other federal employees a pay raise.

The company I work for hasn't given pay raises in 5 years.

I mean, I'm real happy to have a job but I tell ya, I'm in the wrong line of work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 09:22 am:

SS was reduced 2% to stimulate the economy. Now they are increasing that 2% back to where it was in order to keep SS solvent. Nothing more.

The tax cuts pertain to income tax. Has nothing to do with SS taxes. Medicare tax is a whole nother ball game as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 09:24 am:

What line of work are you,???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 09:30 am:

SSI is an insurance account, and should not have been dicked with. That 2% temporary reduction was made up out of the general fund these last years. Up to then, the SSI has been funded entirely by worker and employer contributions. Now that the camel's nose is under the tent, the govt will have an excuse to raid the SSI fund in the future. Sure, the SSI money is in the General Fund, but it's still accounted separately, and self sustaining for all our lifetimes, unless stolen by today's Robber Barons controlling CONgress.

Everybody ignores the truth about taxes. Higher tax rates encourage investment in the future. How? The IRS says it's not ok to evade taxes, but is ok to postpone them. How do you postpone the taxes you pay? Invest in a productive activity that loses money this year, but gives you greater returns in the future.

The politicians all say small business fuels our economy. What better way to build small businesses than with our old tax rates that encouraged long term investment? It works for all businesses, except those Romney rich who hide their profits in the Cayman Islands, Bermuda, etc.

The reduced Capital Gains tax rate of 15% for "the job creators" is one of the biggest swindles pulled by the investor class on the Middle Class since the Robber Barons of the 1890s. Making money with money, Capital Gains, should be taxed at the same rate as labor and productive enterprises, or even higher, so they will invest in the future to postpone their taxes.

Fred, if your tax rate is painful now, you have the option to start a business in your garage and create something new for the world. That's how most important innovations have happened.

Uh oh, if your innovation is good, the ChiComs will steal it and undercut you. What's the use? Well, pay your taxes and continue to grumble.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 09:38 am:

I cannot understand and cannot comprehend why people voted for the guy whose goal is to ultimately make our country like everybody else in the world.
Did people forget why there was an American revolution back in 1776??
We are doomed to be our own destroyer and to dumb to know it.
There is nothing worse than an overeducated idiot and we have one in the oval office.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 09:41 am:

John;
Well said.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 09:42 am:

It may come as a big surprise to many but in spite of what you hear, Social Security IS solvent on the numbers part and WILL stay solvent on the numbers part...it just has a huge cash flow 'problem' due to the government borrowing from it over the years for other things.

The government is nice, it gives a bond for what it takes, at interest even but when that bond comes due they just roll it over with a new bond time and time again. Think a guy named Bernie tried something similar, but he got in trouble for it.

As to them all getting a pay raise...the government and government employees don't know that there is a problem in USA as it never affects them!

Over the holidays someone was telling me how 'booming' everything was in the Haymarket VA area. House prices went up some 20% last year, all the high end stores setting up at the highways...then he showed me some pictures. $600K + homes, brand new, and lot's of guys there apparently have company cars...ha ha they all have special license plates that I guess are the latest in 'vanity plates'for that area of the country. They all start with 'US' and I'm beginning to think those two letters are defined as 'pronoun' or 'objective case of 'we'' as opposed to initials! :-(

Oh well, so it goes...nice to vent every now and then......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 09:51 am:

The overeducated idiot followed a village idiot who thought being a "War President" would make him great. Two wars of aggression and $Trillions in debt later, he looks not so great, and is basically in hiding. If he were to step foot in Europe, he might be charged with war crimes.

Please, John, give a specific example of making our country like everybody else in the world. The Compromiser in Chief just gave away his trump cards to the Repubs - again.

You mean medical care? We spend twice as much as any other nation, yet our outcomes are down about 34 places.

You mean Defense? We spend more than the next 16 nations - combined. Where's the enemy?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 09:59 am:

Don't look now, but the job gains 2001-2008 were in govt jobs, all the way from the Military Industrial Security Complex down to the local building inspector. Since then the number of govt jobs have fallen, and continue to fall. That's part of our unemployment problem today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 10:00 am:

Sorry I cant help you.
All I can can say is that some people cant see the forest because the trees are in the way.
End of story.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 10:03 am:

Mercy,It will not ever get any better
I am on disablity retirement from my employer.I draw less than half my old salary because after 3 years they cut my retirement by what social security WOULD pay if I were drawing it.That has been now a 6 year battle trying to get that and aint done yet.
Everytime social security gets a raise,I get a cut.
Thanks to that obama care,my "salary" will increase by 5000 dollars,what my employer pays for my insurance,costing me more in taxes at the end of the year.So I am getting double wacked.
So that 2% is only part of what is being yanked from our checks.And I am sure there is more we aint heard about.
So,yea,I could complain more than I do,but what good would it do? None.The rich and the elected still run over me like a bus.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 10:21 am:

From http://www.opm.gov/feddata/historicaltables/totalgovernmentsince1962.asp

Government Employment numbers from 1962.

2011 and 2012 data is not on the site. #4 footnote refers to temporary census employment.

govt jobs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 10:41 am:

George from Cherry Hill.
Don't lump government workers in one pot. I was a government worker and like everyone else in the country went a couple of years without a pay raise. So did those on Social Security. Most government employees are WAY over worked due to years of hiring freezes of which there is one on yet another consecutive year. We were woefully understaffed when I went out on medical disability and they still have not been authorized to replace me.

Don't confuse this with me being a fan of big government or Obama because I despise both. Obama's only claim to fame was his ability to ram Obama-care down the throats of this nation without paying for it. Don't kid yourself. Do you really think there were/are going to be any savings? And if there were going to be savings, why not pay down the deficit instead of creating another huge social program that is broke before it starts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 11:06 am:

But guys our megalomaniac In Chief President really needs your money to "invest" i.e. "spend" more, LOTS And LOTS MORE!!! It's a Progressive power thing.

Least you forget, A Turd by any name still smells the same, and Hell, It might even get elected in these day's of Reality TV to the White House!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 11:19 am:

You got part of the picture, Tom, thanks. That's Federal only, not state, county, or city. You know, govt ex-employees like Mack.

I've found some of the most rabid CONservatives have always worked for the govt, which never had to make a profit to stay in business. I'm will be traveling 200 miles today to help out one such person: 20 years military, plus 20 years higher education employee, and rabid RepubliCON.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 11:21 am:

I worked and paid into SS for 50 years and they never lowered the amount I paid into it. In fact they raised the amount several times as well as raising the top amount which was taxable. For those who are still working, they will be glad that they paid into the account when they reach retirement age, or become disabled, and their families will be glad if the payer should be unfortunate to die early and the children need support.

This tax doesn't do anything to increase employment anyway. Only those already employed have to pay the tax. It should never have been lowered in the first place. The government should not use the funds for anything else except for Social Security.

The country might have been better off had the Social Security act never been passed back in the 1930's. But since then people have relied on it for a part of their retirement plan. To take it away now would be a cruel thing to do. The only humane way to repeal it now would take about 30 years to do. That would be for all young people to stop paying into it with the understanding that they would have to provide for their own retirement when they get to that age. There would still need to be some mandatory retirement plan, perhaps one chosen by the payer, in order to achieve retirement without an extreme burden on the welfare system for those who didn't plan ahead or were unfortunate to lose their savings. The current method is probably best and should not be tampered with.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Allen Vitko on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 11:43 am:

Guess I think different! If you are concerned about Americas economy you don't fly to the islands from DC in a plane that gets fifty feet on a galen of fuel plus all the protection plus fly back when America is hanging on the edge.

I would have told Donald to screw himself and given the five million to the folks who lost there lives in Libbia if there was nothing to hide.

Our Constitution is on a heavy diet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wilf Bradbury on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 11:52 am:

Hey Guys
You folks don't have taxes like we do.
Try living in Canada, then you will see how little you have to worry.
If I gross $100k income, I pay about 53% income tax. Here in Ontario we pay 13% sale tax on about everything except food.
Reality is setting in!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 12:43 pm:

Social Security, Income tax, Medicare, etc.

All I know is that whatever you call it my take home pay is now 2% less that last year and it goes to a government that gives itself raises, is in the process of insisting that I join a health care system that the government employees are not a part of, and want's to take away my right to own a gun.

Something stinks! :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam "POPS" Humphries on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 01:30 pm:

My .02. Well that .02 in worth about .0000000 today.

Stop foreign aid and save billions.

Take all congressional pension and perks and put them on SS and Medicare like the rest of us.

Make all government employees, including the president, vice-president, etc pay all their vacation expenses and travel expenses for personal trips just like we do.

Make welfare, workfare.

Make drug testing mandatory for welfare (workfare)

Make ss increases equal to government wage increases.

Let the people vote on having a balanced budget.

As for congressional term limits. We already have this option. It is called election day.

Just my .02 and probably don't mean much in our world today.

Increase military pay and support.

Sam, Support and remember America's troops

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 01:46 pm:

We need to clean house of all those, worthless,bastard politician and start over. H*ll, it couldn't be any worse. That Do Nothing congress must go, but all these idiot, keep voting for them and then bitch about it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 02:07 pm:

I aint believeing the person takeing up the postion of President would haul buggy BACK to the islands when our country is at stake.
It cost a fortune to haul him and his hired fan club around.
That is money that could go towards something of value.Like a bridge,or a powerline or a homeless veteran.
If you drug tested the folks on welfare,you would clean out half of them in a months time.At least in these parts anyhow.I peed in a cup several times to keep my job and aint afraid to keep on.Nothing to hide,those that object,are the 1's that have something to hide or are profiting from the drug sales

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 02:29 pm:

Mandatory drug testing for all welfare recipients would likely end checks for many, tho not most. Those who would lose their federal or state income would have to resort to other ways to gain income. Many would attempt employment, some succeeding. Many would resort to stealing it from you and I. If caught, they would be put in prison at a cost to us again of $80,000/year each. Otherwise they will resort to begging. Remember, many don't have marketable skills. Do you see a country where if someone who cannot pay and has no money would go to a hospital or clinic and be turned away to die in the street. Are we willing to see their children (remember, they still breed) starving and naked in the streets or abandoned buildings. This happens in other countries of the world. Are we ready to accept that as the norm here? I'm sorry, but I don't have the answers. I ask that we look at the ramifications of the "solutions" we suggest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 03:07 pm:

I agree with everything Sam posted. AMEN
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 03:30 pm:

Dr Noel - That is a slight oversimplification of the issue.
If welfare recipients were required to pass a drug test most would refrain from taking drugs and might actually become contributors to society.

I am not Mormon or profess to most of their ways but I understand that if a person goes to them for help they get a mentor that guides them until they can stand on their own two feet. If they are unwilling to be guided there is no help! Additionally, there is no discussion about how bad the person feels, how he might be embarrassed about getting help, or attempts made to hide the fact help is being given - it just happens.

I bet more breeding is frowned upon until the person can stand on their own feet instead of rewarding it with more uncontrolled financial assistance that can be used for booze, drugs, and parties that contribute to more breeding.

(If someone needs an explanation about the party thing ask one of the Califunny guys because they are experts at parties.:-) )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 03:36 pm:

You can say what you want about our current president, but I received this in an e-mail from a friend:

"Apparently after just 4 years in office, Obama has been rated the 4th best president ever. Reagan and 9 others tied for first, 15 presidents tied for second, and 18 other presidents tied for third. Obama came in fourth.

You have to use the same math they do in making budget cuts...."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 04:08 pm:

Who rated the presidents, O dumba and his cohorts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 04:19 pm:

Re-read the results, Richard.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 04:52 pm:

Social Security rates were just put back where they were. Unlike other taxes, you most likely will benefit directly from Social Security. With social security finances as they are I think cutting the rate exacerbated the long term problem to achieve a short term gain.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 04:56 pm:

Well, how about those waterpumps? Does any body use them? :-) Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 05:44 pm:

Water pumps are only used with e-timers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 05:58 pm:

Geez, Some of us need to drop the rose colored glasses and smell the coffee.... There is NO Social Security account lock box, DUH!,IT'S ALL GONE! It's been sucked into the 16+ trillion your grand kids owe!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 07:25 pm:

Bless you Jay, you can see the forest and the trees at the same time and hopefully others can too.
I hope myself and other boomers wont wind up getting our SS checks from China.
It really is later than we think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 09:29 pm:

Fred, I realize it is a gross oversimplification, but didn't think I should fill up 2 or 3 pages on a single post. You have a good point. I also would like to see workfare instead of welfare. Perhaps something like the WPA that did so much work in national parks during the depression. I'm not against drug testing, but wonder who will feed the kids when dad or mom lose their check. I doubt that, in the USA, we can take the children away without an expensive lawsuit. I'd also like to see the "breeding" curtailed. I'd love to see less fetal alcohol syndrome kids or crack addicted infants. I don't see how it can be done unless we remove their "freedoms" and put a contraceptive implant into their arms and it can only be removed when they save up the hard cash to have it removed.
BYW, this thread is labelled "OT", and as long as it remains civil, I'd like to see other's thoughts. If you don't want to read it, skip it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince M on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 10:04 pm:

Socialist leaders pretend their goal is to tax the rich. Their ultimate goal is for 100% taxation which gives the government control over the greater good.

Obama got exactly what he wanted...more taxes for everyone.

...and the taxed and brainwashed feel compelled to proliferate this in our polititions.

Got news for him. I am going to spend less, keep more, invest less, have MUCH more fun.

Those who voted this trash into office are starting to feel the pain, and i couldnt care less.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Gold Country of Calif. on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 10:36 pm:

I think the people who voted him in the first time felt the pain before the last election but for some reason saw him as the lesser of the evils and re-elected him on that premise. Since 95% of Americans are idiots, this was no surprise.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 10:38 pm:

I get 1200 a year in dividends.I am far from rich.The stock is a nest egg for a time I may get bad off and need it.If the tax rate is messed up and I loose nearly half the dividends,Keeping it will be less desirable.Because others will sell,and the value will go down,thus my nest egg getting smaller.
Cant see how that is smart.
Noel,a good friend and his wife adopted a baby that a very young crack addicit decided to give up at birth.It was her 4th baby.
Poor kid is smart as a whip but has to have all kinds of medicine to keep him calmed down.
Before they really could fiqure out what was wrong,he would just sit around and scream bloody murder.
From what I understand it is somewhere in the bill of rights or something that women can not be prohibited from haveing kids.
Well,if that is the case,fine.Nothing is said about a good snip for the men that cant keep thier pants up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 10:54 pm:

"Live by choice, not by chance. Make changes, not excuses. Be motivated, not manipulated. Work to excel, not compete. Choose to listen to your inner voice, not the jumbled opinions of everyone else." Anonymous

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 11:33 pm:

The biggest hypocrites are those who have govt paid healthcare, and bitch about Obamacare.

Medicare overhead is about 3%, compared to the 30% or so profits of private healthcare insurers who profit most when they don't provide services. We need Medicare part E - for everybody. It would have to be mandatory, with premiums based on age.

It has a long history, but healthcare as a job fringe benefit is not smart for the individual, or for America. Manufacturers in other developed countries don't have the direct cost of healthcare, putting our manufacturers at another disadvantage. Of course, it's disappearing now in the private sector, along with most other private enterprise fringe benefits.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 11:55 pm:

Ralph, Last time I checked envy of others was one of the seven deadly sins. And yes the goose is having a hard time laying golden eggs for the masses! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Dysart - SoCal on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 11:56 pm:

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich.
John F Kennedy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, January 04, 2013 - 12:49 am:

I remember a time when a newly elected president said, "Ask not what your country can do for you!" Back then, The Greatest Generation responded to those words with cheers and optimism. They had survived the Great Depression, won WWII and endured Korea. Nine years later, they topped it off by landing on the Moon. They understood about disappointment, sacrifice and hard work—and just about every country that is free today is free because of them.

But most of The Greatest Generation has died off. My Dad was one of them—and he did all those things and machined the landing gear that went on the Lunar Excursion Module that Neil Armstrong flew to the Moon. But Dad knew the jig was up a couple of years ago when he said, "Nowadays, you just can't sell a concept like 'Ask what you can do for your country!'"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, January 04, 2013 - 12:54 am:

Bob, Very well put my friend!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, January 04, 2013 - 12:56 am:

This oughta' get you extremist RWNJ foaming at the mouth even more: Heard on the radio today al Jazeera has just bought Al Gore's CRNTV, Current TV. Eliot Spitzer's political show will no doubt be canceled.. Time Warner dropped it.

In case you aren't familiar with Eliot, he is a Jewish lawyer who made a name for himself fighting Wall Street as NY state attorney general. From there he became governor, and might well be President today, if he had not been caught with his pants down.

I've watched al Jazeera news on PBS once in awhile. It's good to see a foreign perspective not beholden to advertisers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, January 04, 2013 - 06:59 am:

I thought Eliott Spitzer was the idiot who got caught with hookers on his New York governor expense account? Who would watch that putz on TV?

Al Gore was given 500 million dollars by Al Jazeera in return for the lowest rated network in the USA. The Current network has negative value. Gore was paid off for services rendered.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Cassara Long Island, NY on Friday, January 04, 2013 - 07:44 am:

Well said Bob C. I'm going to use your statement!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wilf Bradbury on Friday, January 04, 2013 - 09:10 am:

Russia might have it right, flat tax 13% for everyone....end debate!!
Hey guys look at the rest of the world are they all wrong?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, January 04, 2013 - 09:13 am:

The idiot Spitzer is smarter than 99.9% of those running the US, unfortunately.

How has Gore, our uninaugurated President, rendered services to Al Jazeera?
--------------

from wiki on Al Jazeera:

Awards and accolades

1999 Prince Claus Award for "Creating Spaces of Freedom", in Amsterdam

In December 1999, Ibn Rushd (Averoes) Fund for Freedom of Thought in Berlin awarded the "Ibn Rushd Award" for media and journalism for the year to Al Jazeera.[130]

In March 2003, Al Jazeera was awarded by Index on Censorship for its "courage in circumventing censorship and contributing to the free exchange of information in the Arab world."[131]

In April 2004, the Webby Awards nominated Al Jazeera as one of the five best news Web sites, along with BBC News, National Geographic, RocketNews and The Smoking Gun. According to Tifanny Schlain, the founder of the Webby Awards, this caused a controversy as [other media organisations] "felt it was a risk-taking site".[132]

In 2004, Al Jazeera was voted by brandchannel.com readers as the fifth most influential global brand behind Apple Computer, Google, Ikea and Starbucks.[133]

During the 2011 Egyptian protests, the online magazine Salon.com wrote that "Al Jazeera's Egypt coverage embarrasses U.S. cable news channels.",[134] and WikiLeaks commented on their Twitter feed that "Yes, we may have helped Tunisia, Egypt. But let us not forget the elephant in the room: Al Jazeera + sat dishes".[135]

[edit] Recognition by Secretary Clinton

On 4 March 2011, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton testified before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee that Al Jazeera provided more informative news coverage than the opinion-driven coverage of American mass media.[136]

Most American media outlets declined comment. Michael Clemente of Fox News called the comments "curious", while not directly refuting them.

Secretary Clinton's remarks contrast dramatically to Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld's complaints of bias early in the previous decade.
--------------

It will be interesting to watch what happens.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, January 04, 2013 - 09:57 am:

It is getting to the point if you want to be well known,and get somewhere in the world,you have to drop your pants!
I just hope Algore takes his 500 million and goes somewhere and SHUTS UP!
Or Maby go stuff a volcano with his BS to stop it from poluteing.
You know a friend of mine said it best the other day.He said no one thirst for knowledge anymore.They can just bring it up on their cell phone as they need to know it.
I honestly see the day when school is no longer needed.When a baby is born they will install a chip,and whatever the baby needs to know as it grows up is downloaded wireless from a goverment computer.And the babys gender will be neutralized so it wont have those bothersome emotions and desires that have haunted humans for centurys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, January 04, 2013 - 11:00 am:

Mack some us are in the MATRIX now floating blissfully, totally unaware of the government tubes and wires up their nose.

As far as Al Gore goes, I wouldn't put it past him to throw America under the bus and sell CURRENT TV to North Korea. Oh wait, He can't because he just sold out to Al Jazeera for 30 pieces of silver instead. As far as I see it Al is America's Judas an it's biggest blowhard!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, January 04, 2013 - 11:29 am:

Revealed in a University study: the more you watch Faux News, the more misinformed you are.

The US news needs a fresh, unCorporate perspective. I wonder if Al Jazeera will be obedient to its major advertisers like the other channels are?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, January 04, 2013 - 12:11 pm:

In that same speech, Mr. Kennedy also said, "We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard!"

This generation—one that knows not what it's like to receive a "Greetings" telegram from the Draft Board, one that, for the most part, knows little about even the most recent events in history, like the Cuban Missile Crisis or the Cold War, or how their government works, or that Ben Franklin was never a United States president; doesn't know the words to the National Anthem or Pledge of Allegiance—hasn't even gone to the effort of figuring out how to properly be lazy and selfish. For instance:

Like him or not, President Obama won this election by a slim margin. One of his greatest campaign assets was a young woman by the name of Sandra Fluke, who felt that working women were entitled to free birth control pills. She attempted to, and succeeded in, convincing a large enough group of people that this issue was more important to women than our national debt of over 16-trillion dollars (part of which we borrowed from Red China, a country which most definitely does not have our best interests at heart). Those women who voted for the president based on the free birth control pill issue now face brand new payroll taxes which reduce their take-home pay to the point where they would have been better off buying those birth control pills, not only for themselves, but for their friends as well.

Whatever your ideology, I think all of us can agree that our nation faces more important issues than free birth control pills. The generation that gets its political education from MTV, People Magazine and Snooky is too lazy and ignorant to try to understand what is going on around it. Ask anyone under 30 about Vietnam.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, January 04, 2013 - 12:44 pm:

Ralph, Here's my rebuttal

So much “you know what” has hit the fan during the first term of Barack Obama that freedom loving Americans can hardly know where to look to find solace. And believe me, readers, that was the goal, i.e. throw so much at the public at once that they will not have time and resources to fight back. “Hide the decline”(a la Climate-gate) ,and hide the bills (legislation we have no part in), hide the truth behind the mask of crisis management blamed on previous administrations. It takes a lot of time and research to discover the underlying truths and schemes going on, and we are finding them in spite of complicit and propagandizing mainstream media outlets. The majority of our citizens truly do not have the time, take the time, or do the research to find out the sources of the propaganda and lies. What we have now in power in the Federal government is classical progressivism. Progressive is a term that is defined by socialism, communism, fascism, and centralized power.

Slow and methodical over the last century was the march of socialists / communists / fascists / progressives / collectivists / liberals (they have so many names it is even hard to keep up with that), until Obama’s election when the gears went into overdrive. Over-reaching is much too kind of a term to place on what has become a coup to completely over-throw the Constitution of the United States. Prior to now it has been incremental, the slippery slope, the inch by inch erosion of unalienable rights. Like a slow developing disease, they have gradually weakened the main body of country, so as now the disease can just finish it off in big bites at a time; socialized health care, energy restrictions, political correctness, executive edicts without the consent of the governed, continual reductions of property rights, illegal immigration – amnesty, etc. The centralized power of the Federal government is in full tilt, while individual rights to pursue life, liberty and happiness are becoming a distant dream. Communitarian ideology is the stepping stone to complete tyranny and, God forbid, you should speak out against this tyranny for you will be ridiculed, called a racist bigot, called an extremist, and a selfish uncaring undeserving idiot.

Read more: http://freedomoutpost.com/2012/12/classical-progressivism-vs-american-exceptiona lism/#ixzz2H1tSQm1a

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sosnoski on Friday, January 04, 2013 - 12:47 pm:

"Revealed in a University study: the more you watch Faux News, the more misinformed you are."

First of all I don't know what "Faux" news is. I'm assuming you are making a lame attempt at humor and are actually referring to Fox news?

I guess that depends on how you define misinformed and what criteria is used to determine if someone is misinformed or not. I find generally that universities tend to lean towards the liberal side. So if you define misinformed as not following the liberal agenda, than yes, people who read Fox News would tend to be more misinformed. Likewise, if I have conservative viewpoint, then I could say that those who watch MSNBC news are misinformed.

If you want to be informed, then you should not rely on any one source. Each has its own viewpoint and each highlights the information which supports their view, and suppresses that which does not. Just because someone's viewpoint is different than yours doesn't mean they are wrong. I read Fox news, and CNN, and MSNBC, and various other sites so I get a variety of view points. My guess is the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Dave S.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Allen Vitko on Friday, January 04, 2013 - 01:52 pm:

Agree David S.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob from Nova Scotia on Friday, January 04, 2013 - 02:20 pm:

My big issue with the news is that it should not have any bias. remember the good old days when the news was factual, and not opinion editorial?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, January 04, 2013 - 02:42 pm:

University studies (usually from progressive, liberal, institutions) have come to the conclusion that people that have a steady job, not on welfare, not on foodstamps, go to church on a regular basis, say the pledge of alligence, pray in schools and at football games,
have a christmas tree and not a holiday tree,
dont believe in homosexual marriage, and believe in the Judeao-Christian ethic of the 10 Commandents are stupid, dumb and backwards and totally out of touch with the so called new normal.
And oh yes one more thing. These type of people need to have their guns taken from them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Friday, January 04, 2013 - 02:46 pm:

I went to my Cardiologist Jan. 2nd.
My co-pay was always $30, now it is $65.
My Dr. put me in the hospital.
It was $220 a day for an overnight stay in 2012, now in 2013 it has gone up to $250.
I should have stayed at least one more day but the sent me home early & call me on the phone to see how I am doing.
How in hell is Obummercare supposed to make me happy that we have it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, January 04, 2013 - 02:51 pm:

Walter Cronkite, bless him, was the epitome of the impartial news broadcaster. It wasn't until quite some time after his retirement that it became known he was staunch liberal. When he gave it to you, the news came out straight, with absolutely no tilt in either direction. Not an ounce of self-indulgence in the man. A professional's professional. How I wish we had a few more like him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, January 04, 2013 - 06:40 pm:

Read this, if you dare:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/News_Corporation_scandal

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Saturday, January 05, 2013 - 08:31 am:

Tom Miller: here's a further comment about your Federal Government jobs chart, which you (probably unintentionally) called just Government jobs.

I heard on the news yesterday, but don't have a reference:

There has been a net reduction in Government jobs since 2008 of 700,000.

There has been a net gain of 700,000 private sector jobs since 2008.

How's that Socialism mantra working out for ya?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Saturday, January 05, 2013 - 09:09 am:

To add to why I can't watch the news and think at the same time.....

Diane Sawyer on Friday night...

155,000 new jobs created in December!

Unemployment stays firm at 7.8%...

Did I miss something when they went to the new math? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, January 05, 2013 - 09:38 am:

It is the new math.That is why kids are taught calculators.IF you do it by hand and brain,it dont make sense.
I was talking to a friend of mine that is retired Airforce and he said his daughter called thursday night crying.She works about 36 hours a week for a shoe warehouse with no benifits for 10 bucks an hour.Barely able to pay rent and cost of living.
She ask what was she to do in 2014 when she would be required to get health insurance or pay a fine or go to jail.He simply told her to drive up to the jail on Jan 2 2014 and ask to be put in then.more than likely the jails will be over packed and they will have to change the law somehow because they cant house all the non insured.
Kinda sad when murderers walk the streets but working class Americans have to live scared because of a crazy law regarding insurance aint it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, January 05, 2013 - 09:45 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Saturday, January 05, 2013 - 10:06 am:

The employment numbers make more sense when you take in account the growing population, which is too seldom mentioned. It takes about 100K more jobs every month just to stay even. I'm surprised Faux News doesn't have it out front.

Of course, you have to be rich or poor to afford kids. As you know, it takes two (wage) incomes to stay in the Middle Class, leaving nobody for raising children. Allowing the wife's income to be counted for a mortgage, beginning in about 1972, was one cause of our now disappearing Middle Class.

In 1972, the median male wage supported a family of four with 14% left over for saving. Oh, about 30% of the private workforce was union then, compared to about 5% today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Saturday, January 05, 2013 - 10:27 am:

Can't vouch what is true and not true. This is an e-mail I received recently:

You know you live in a Country run by idiots if... You can get arrested for expired tags on your car but not for being in the country illegally.

======================================================

You know you live in a Country run by idiots if... Your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions more of our money.

You know you live in a Country run by idiots if... A seven year old boy can be thrown out of school for calling his teacher "cute" but hosting a sexual
exploration or diversity class in grade school is perfectly acceptable.

You know you live in a Country run by idiots if... The Supreme Court of the United States can rule that lower courts cannot display the 10 Commandments in their courtroom, while sitting in front of a display of the 10 Commandments.

You know you live in a Country run by idiots if... Hard work and success are rewarded with higher taxes and government intrusion, while slothful, lazy
behavior is rewarded with EBT cards, WIC checks, Medicaid and subsidized housing, and free cell phones.

You know you live in a Country run by idiots if... The government's plan for getting people back to work is to provide 99 weeks of unemployment checks (to not work).

You know you live in a Country run by idiots if... Being self-sufficient is considered a threat to the government.

You know you live in a Country run by idiots if... Politicians think that stripping away the amendments to the constitution is really protecting the
rights of the people.

You know you live in a Country run by idiots if... The rights of the Government come before the rights of the individual.

You know you live in a Country run by idiots if... You can write a post like this just by reading the news headlines.

You know you live in a Country run by idiots if... You pay your mortgage faithfully, denying yourself the newest big screen TV while your neighbor
defaults on his mortgage (while buying iPhones, TV's and new cars) and thegovernment forgives his debt and reduces his mortgage (with your tax dollars).

You know you live in a Country run by idiots if... Your government can add anything they want to your kid's water (fluoride, chlorine, etc.) but you are
not allowed to give them raw milk.

You know you live in a Country run by idiots if... Being stripped of the ability to defend yourself makes you "safe".

You know you live in a Country run by idiots if... You have to have your parents’ signature to go on a school field trip but not to get an abortion.

You know you live in a Country run by idiots if... An 80 year old woman can be stripped searched by the TSA but a Muslim woman in a burka is only
subject to having her neck and head searched.

You know you live in a Country run by idiots if... Using the "N" word is considered "hate speech" but writing and singing songs about raping
women and killing cops is considered "art".

Unfortunately, this list could go on and on. Our country is run by idiots. We are in distress. Where do we go from here?

OK, this is getting simply bizarre.

On Monday, June 25th 2012, the following occurred: The Supreme Court unanimously - yes, UNANIMOUSLY - upheld the portion of Arizona 's Immigration Law that directs law enforcement officers to check the immigration status of EVERYONE who is ARRESTED for a crime. It not just "ALLOWS" them tocheck, but "DIRECTS" them to check. That means it's mandatory.

Less than three hours later, the President of the United States issued an executive order BLOCKING THE ENTIRE STATE OF ARIZONA'S ACCESS to thethe Federal Database that would allow such checks. The only State or Local entity EVER to be blocked.

One hour after that (which means they had it all ready in advance), the Department of Justice went live with a toll-free number, a web site, and ads,
ASKING FOR PEOPLE TO REPORT BEING "RACIALLY PROFILED" because of this ruling, so they - THE U.S. JUSTICE DEPARTMENT - can file "Civil Rights" lawsuits against the Police Departments, Sheriffs, Cities, Counties and State ofArizona .

In other words, the American Citizens of the State of Arizona are going to be sued for vast sums of money, BY THEIR OWN FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, for enforcing a law that The Supreme Court UNANIMOUSLY held as constitutional.

Is it just me, or is this getting ridiculous?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, January 05, 2013 - 10:48 am:

"Being self-sufficient is considered a threat to the government."

So true.

You know I have heard about this issue here for years.Never really took it serious.But it is a real issue that some idiots think is a good idea.Just google Garden Tax.
You will get a load of info,both pro and con.

I grow alot of vegatables,just the last 2 years I have supplied corn,taters ,onions and maters for 3 households.
I enjoy gardening as a hobby and as food source.
But even that freedom is something some would like to take away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, January 05, 2013 - 11:06 am:

Fritz Hollings was running for reelection and his opponent challenged him to take a drug test. When reporters asked Hollings about it, he shot back, "Sure, I'll take a drug test if he'll take an IQ test."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, January 05, 2013 - 11:06 am:

Hay Ralph, Lets hear you debunk what Robert just posted.............good luck Kimosabe, and a hardy Hi Ho to ya. :-)

Looks like many have already been assimilated by our "dear Leader".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, January 05, 2013 - 02:26 pm:

I'm guessing that there is not a simple answer to the question about why my paycheck went down 2% at the beginning of 1013 :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, January 05, 2013 - 03:40 pm:

Happy Chinese New Year Fred!!!!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, January 05, 2013 - 06:27 pm:

Fred,

There is a very simple answer. Last year was an election year and Obama needed to show some improvement in the economy to have any chance at re - election.

His solution was typical. He lowered the social security tax rate by 2% effective January 1, 2012 and it returned to the previous rate on January 1, 2013.

This allowed most Americans to have a greater amount of take home pay, which of course got spent in most cases.

The fact that democrats in power once again ripped off the Social Security fund in order to elect a moron was under reported. All that extra money that was given away by them last year came straight out of our pockets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, January 05, 2013 - 09:55 pm:

You aint seen nothing yet Fred.Nothing.
I aint heard in the news or anywhere else how folks are supposed to cough up money for insurance if they aint allready got it.What will they do,steal stuff and pawn it to get insurance? I mean really?Who's brain phart was it to put people in jail because they cant afford something? What will it be next?Debtors prisons?
All these feel good laws and ideas have side effects,noone thinks of them till it is to late.

And 1 other thing,yea,I worked for the State of North carolina for allmost 14 years.My pay check was every 2 weeks.
I worked along side of high speed traffic sometimes 7 days a week.When I took the job,they put insurance on me and set up a retirement and paid vacation.But I worked for it,or earned it so to speak.Nothing was handed to me.Sometimes I think folks get the impression that all goverment employees are lazy.That is hardly the case."
In reference to goverment jobs being filled.My postion was never filled that was opened 7 years ago upon my being hurt.It was taken away from my department to create a opening for a new supervisory job.There is 3 less Working people in my department trying to do the same if not more work than we had when I was still there.
to give a perspective,I was responsiable for the signage on over 3000 miles of state maintained highway.You can imaging thru a town how many signs they are per mile.quite a bit of work wouldnt you think?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Sunday, January 06, 2013 - 08:38 am:

Once again our leaders (both sides) fail to address the real causes that hold us in our economic distress. They fail to get into the "nitty gritty" tax loop holes that caused our problems. In addition, to pass the legislation they added more loop holes!! Example of abuse heard at breakfast last week: Lady quit her job to take a census job that lasted 3 weeks. Now she takes unemployment and has been for 24 months!!.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Sunday, January 06, 2013 - 10:35 am:

LOL

My guess at an answer was with tongue in cheek because I know Mack, R.S., Royce, Jay, Dick, George in Cherry Hill, and many others are right.

It is Big Government out of control, a press that gives opinions as facts, and the "give me" portion of the population that has shifted beyond the critical mass so stupidity reigns.

It is sad that Ralf dislikes anyone who's last name starts with a B so much that it gets in the way of his understanding the big picture.

As Dr Noel and I were discussing - The fix is not simple - So all we can do is support people who stand for what we believe is right - if we can find them! :-(

Until then -Hope for the best but expect the worse.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Sunday, January 06, 2013 - 11:28 am:

Woops Sorry Ralf -- after I reread my previous post I realized that I was a bit harsh -
You have a right to your opinion even though I do not agree with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, January 06, 2013 - 03:26 pm:

I am inclined to think that a major part of our problem is that we are being governed at the moment by people who have little or no experience in the private sector and don't understand or trust the private sector, and who firmly and sincerely believe that the economy will thrive as soon as the government regulates and micromanages it sufficiently. They are working very hard toward that end.

As a side note, I have two comments about "Faux News." The first is that something that might fall onto the "cute" scale once, rarely does a second time and never does after the fourth time. After the fifth or sixth time, it moves over onto the "tedious and tiring" scale and begins its ascent there. (This is something that most three-year-olds have to be taught, by the way.) The second is that it is not really a very good pun. It would be better if we pronounced "faux" as "fawks," but we don't; it is pronounced "foe," and "foe news" doesn't work as a pun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Sunday, January 06, 2013 - 03:39 pm:

Dick -- I agree but "We The People" keep putting the folks without private sector experience and don't trust or understand the private sector into office.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Sunday, January 06, 2013 - 04:24 pm:

Bump...I'm enjoying this thread.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Sunday, January 06, 2013 - 04:26 pm:

BTW, I haven't started either of my T's in a month or two...'gotta do that!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Gold Country of Calif. on Sunday, January 06, 2013 - 05:21 pm:

We have all been taught that we need to vote for the opposing party in order to keep the other party out. If we vote for someone with integrity (independent or whatever) we are wasting our vote. So, rather than voting for a good man, we are forced to vote for the lesser of the TWO evils. Sad but true.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, January 06, 2013 - 06:00 pm:

Chuck,so true.
Shame it is that way.
No real alternative.A vote for other than the 2 partys,is a wasted vote.How long has it been since a president was voted in that was not 1 of the 2 big partys?without looking on google I dont know,but I am sure it has been a long time.
I started the TT last week.Ran fine.But To cold to drive it.
You know,If more folkes were like the group here,the world woulda never got this bad.

This economy stinks and is really hurting people.
The little computer shop I got this computer from,their sales are way down.Why I dont know as they sell a good desk top for a 100 bucks ready to use.
They are downsizeing,probably closeing shortly.

The local hardware is closeing next week.
He went in debt and started the bussiness in 2006.
Walmart came to town and the downslide started.
And like the owner and I discussed,noone does anything themselves anymore.Who needs a bolt when whatever needs a bolt gets chunked because a bolt fell out?
Crying shame he has lost so much money.Will be lucky to keep his home when it is all down.
He said it is hard to find a job at 58 years old.When he does,it will just be part time.Older people have a better work ethic.But companys dont care about work ethic apparently as they keep hireing wippersnappers from Mcdonalds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, January 06, 2013 - 07:11 pm:

Check out these 2 news reports.1 explains the correct use of a gun.Which reading this bothers me.5 shots from a 38 didnt take the hoodlum out?Sheesh.

http://wtvr.com/2013/01/06/mom-shoots-intruder-5-times-protects-young-twins/

And here is a sign you cant miss of what is going wrong in this country.Keep the legs shut if you cant keep up with the daddy to help feed them.

http://wtvr.com/2013/01/06/octomom-back-on-welfare-according-to-report/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince M on Sunday, January 06, 2013 - 07:40 pm:

I heard in an interview today that some legislators are pushing to get doctors involved in rendering an opinion on guns...since personal death and injury are caused by guns.

At first i thought - these people cant be that stupid. Then it occurred to me...they really are that smart.

You somehow attach guns to public health, and you achieve gun control through Obama care.

Just wait...its coming..

Vince M

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, January 06, 2013 - 08:00 pm:

Fred, not sure who "We the People" are these days. Obama's adding almost 10 million people to the food stamp rolls was (a) an act of compassion, or (b) very politically astute. I go with (b). That's another 10 million assured votes.

Since Japan wised up and lowered theirs within the past year, the United States has the highest corporate tax rate in the world. Instead of doing something about it, those responsible for that rate continue to pi... er whine and moan about "corporate greed" moving operations overseas. Sounds more like corporate wisdom to me.

I also wish they would stop talking about raising income taxes on "the rich." The rich don't pay income taxes. They already have their wealth, either because they made it in the past (like Bill Gates), inherited it (like the Kennedys) or were smart enough to marry it (like John Kerry). They should start talking about raising taxes on the successful, which is what they are really doing.

As far as guns, I saw on Facebook today, "When seconds count, the police are just minutes away!" Yup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Sunday, January 06, 2013 - 08:18 pm:

Mack, that fine doctor who helped her get pregnant with 8 kids should be responsible for supporting them. His 15 minutes of fame should cost him for the next 21 years!! In our state, the state goes after the father for support. In this case, it's an easy job to find out who inseminated her or fertilized the eggs to be placed in her uterus. BTW, Vince, this doctor believes gun control is a steady aim and careful squeeze of the trigger!! I dare anyone to try to rob me, especially if I am home. No ER will be needed.
I'm not against paying higher taxes, for "to those to whom much is given, much is expected", but I also want stronger borders, workfare not welfare, and a revamping of numerous giveaway programs by the government. We absolutely need to balance the budget.
Noel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Sunday, January 06, 2013 - 08:25 pm:

Vince,
That is scary!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Van Evera on Sunday, January 06, 2013 - 11:36 pm:

Dick, you forgot one. Make it like Bill Gates, inherit it like the Kennedys, marry it like John Kerry, or........ sue for it like John Edwards!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Sunday, January 06, 2013 - 11:37 pm:

I am ready for when a Dr. or other medical person asks me if I have a gun in the house.
I will just tell the, "No, I have no way of protecting myself".
That question is being asked around here at hospitals and clinics.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike dixon on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 07:32 am:

Its too late guys, we are doomed, to many people on the govermint titty. too many like rick from surf city, its to late if we took all the entittlements away, it would be a civil war. only the bad guys will have guns, give it up, its too late

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 07:38 am:

Can't give up Mike - the American way is to persevere and push on, despite adversity.

There is always Hope - in everything. If we "give up" we are surely doomed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 10:07 am:

I will give up when I am toes up.
I just would like read a news report of how a antigun person protected them selves from harms way with a cup of coffee and a call to 911.
It would read something like this.
"At 12:01 Am Sunday morning a nice young man with a clunky hand gun and a rusty crow bar came by Mrs Pharts house and all he really wanted was the jewelery and to have "relations" with her.She did not like the smell of his aftershave and offered him a cup of coffee and a piece of pound cake instead.Since Mrs.Phart works for Social services she sat down at the table and explained that instead of all this hard work of breaking down doors and haveing to hurt people to get money,he could simpily apply for a monthly check.He gladly excepted the info and was seen this morning toteing a new shiny crow bar and a Ak -47 he bought with his first welfare check.He was ask if he was happy and he said yes." My goodness,robbing and rapeing has never been so easy.This new crowbar breaks glass quicker and people shiver in fear as I point this bigger gun at them and have my way in their domiciles"
He was later seen returning to Mrs.Pharts house to finish the job he started sunday night.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 10:12 am:

Mack, lol lol lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 12:12 pm:

If you REALLY want to know where the President and his minions are coming from take a few minutes and Google search The Alinsky Code which happens to be a mirror image of the Obama code.

After boning up on Rules of Radicals you will see that just about EVERY word and action that comes from the President follows Alinsky's doctrine.

Covering your ears and closing your eyes while going la la la la........won't change what's coming down on America, Only YOU as a citizen can!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 12:24 pm:

Last words should read only YOU as an INFORMED citizen can!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Tuesday, January 08, 2013 - 09:35 pm:

As addressed above,where can we get GOOD information?
Sure as heck aint local antenna tv.Heck Channel 18 lost John Hagee off the sunday schedule last week.Cant even get good preaching off the tv much less news.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, January 09, 2013 - 12:52 pm:

Dick "We the People" are you and me and those uninformed idiots that vote the other idiots into office.
Rumor has it that most are illegal - Woops I mean undocumented - folks that get to vote two to 3 times in each election.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, January 09, 2013 - 01:04 pm:

Fred, I understand that we are no longer allowed to use the term "drug dealer." From now on, they are "undocumented pharmacists." :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam "POPS" Humphries on Wednesday, January 09, 2013 - 01:32 pm:

There is always hope. Not all hands of true Free Americans have turned cold yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, January 09, 2013 - 09:35 pm:

http://ncrenegade.com/editorial/does-the-government-want-us-to-buy-guns/=

Uh,HUh?
Well,ye never know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, January 10, 2013 - 09:22 am:

??? Drug dealers are pharmacists --
and undocumented pharmacists are drug dealers ???

OK I get it.. everything is OK now -
We don't have any crime because nothing is illegal.

Underage drinking is OK because the age is being lowered!
Illegal drugs are OK because we don't want black marks on kids records!

What's next?
Will it be OK to cheat your neighbor?
Steal a car?
Rob a store?
Abduct a kid?
Kill someone?

PS My wife is insisting that I get her a gun.
I don't think she wants to shoot me! :-)
I think I understand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, January 10, 2013 - 09:44 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 10, 2013 - 10:32 am:

After the treasury prints up a bucket load of these coins for the President Our Debt problem will be solved! Then the President can REALLY spend the snot out of not only your Grand-kids money, but the Grand children of their Grand children's money as well.
It makes as much sense as leaving Dracula in charge of the blood bank. IMHO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, January 10, 2013 - 11:01 am:

Drinking age is something I never quite understood the bench mark of 21.
It is ok for a young person of 18 to sign up for the military and go take a bullet for our freedom,but he can't buy a beer till he is 21? Uh,aint that kinda odd or am I the only 1 that see's it that way?Responsiable enough to die for you but he cant have a beer for 3 more years?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, January 10, 2013 - 12:55 pm:

Mack - Interesting discussion about drinking age

Someone told me that keeping the drinking age at 21 is best because the underage kids are extra careful they don't get caught - you know don't drive, stagger around between bars etc. so when they finally turn 21 they have lost the thrill of drinking and don't over drink

Think about college kids binge drinking - they are mostly under 21 where the legal age is 18

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Allen Vitko on Thursday, January 10, 2013 - 01:50 pm:

If you think about people comparing them to a computer its the same.

The hardware in a computer does the work without thinking.

The software with the right drivers tells the hardware what to do.

If the software gets a worm,virus, or some other hiccup like the human brain does then some idiot will pull the trigger on hardware like a gun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, January 10, 2013 - 01:51 pm:

Its scary enough thinking how the guy ever got elected to be president.
Whats worse is there were enough people in the country that think like he does.
Now thats real Scary.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, January 10, 2013 - 02:13 pm:

I check this thread every few days to see if anybody has said anything unexpected. Nope.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, January 10, 2013 - 03:17 pm:

There was a time when you could not vote until 21, had to get parents to sign to get driver's licence until 21, drink until 21 or get married until 21 without parent's permission. Enlist in military until 21 without parent's permission.

Very likely the reason the age for most of these has been dropped was to take the responsibility off the parents for the young persons misbehavior. I was sure glad when my kids got over 18!

I have come to the conclusion that they haven't really passed adolescence until about 30 :-)
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, January 10, 2013 - 03:50 pm:

Steve --
With this group Nothing is Unexpected!

I mean everything is expected!

I mean I expect to read everything and anything here!

I mean I don't know what I mean but if I talk loud and long enough someone will someone will agree with me!

I mean if you don't agree with me you haven't understood what I've written!

I mean something but can't figure it out!
Must be old age:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Thursday, January 10, 2013 - 05:11 pm:

Want to hear a scary one?

The city of Camden NJ is directly opposite Philadelphia and is also called the United States poorest city. Millions go into local government from the State etc., and the place just can't manage itself. Many previous Mayors over the last 40 years have wound up incarcerated.

So Camden is having a problem with their police officers and 'negotiations' so they just go and announce that the city will disenfranchise the police department effective April, all layoff notices have been sent out. Not as a negotiating ploy! The 'pols' have agreed that we already have a county police department for the county park system and county offices...so...just hire 1/2 of Camdens present police, and the county police will handle the entire city of Camden!

Of course the tax burden for this will undoubtedly be that the City of Camden gets away on the cheap and the county gets to reapportion the increased cost to the annual property tax portion for the homeowners in the rest of the county. No referendum...just happening and with the total population of Camden as large as it is those county 'pols' are near elected for life!

Maybe there was a reason, since lost, on the founding of the USA that you needed to be a property owner to vote?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, January 11, 2013 - 12:32 pm:

George-
That was unexpected -
but I should expect the unexpected! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Friday, January 11, 2013 - 11:07 pm:

Yup, my old lady is pissed today. Her check is $25 smaller than it has been, thanks to Obummer's new tax increase....I mean punishment for working.

I work three days a week a block from a Chinese grocery store in a crummy neighborhood.
Instead of driving around Oakscumland looking for a parking space and paying $10 for lunch plus $.25 for every 7 minutes parking time I just walk to the grocery store and buy a few items of fruit for a couple bucks and eat it at work.
Every time I go there I see about half of the customers are not Asians and they all use a yellow credit or debit card. They buy the most expensive stuff and a lot of booze and candy & junk. The guy in front of me yesterday got $95 worth of stuff and carried it out in two bags. Never batted an eye. He looked more like a street bum than some big wage earner.

You know you live in a stupid country when the government pays foreign aid to our enemies.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration