Replacement Transmission Bands

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Replacement Transmission Bands
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David R Barker on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 06:10 pm:

Looking for a set of bands for a 1920 Speedster restoration. My old ones are pretty worn, and out of round. Don't see them listed on the vendor sites. Are they available, and am I looking in the right place? All I see is the lining material and rivets, not the steel bands themselves...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson, Indianapolis on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 06:36 pm:

Dave, Most everyone relines their bands and I don't know of anyone that sells them already relined. I've got extra band cores if you need those and I can help you reline them if you want to make a trip to Indy. I won't do wood linings though :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew David Maiers on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 06:39 pm:

your steel bands are worn??? are you sure? if they are out of round simply bend them back to round.

jim guinn sells them lined but i think you need to send him cores.

I really cand imagine your steel band being worn unless they were running on the steel, which would be really weird.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 07:38 pm:

You can order bands, already mounted with wood lining from Guinn, no cores needed.

http://www.guinnbands.org/order_bands.html

Or contact any of the vendors, most sell used parts, demountable ear bands are pretty common to find, and buy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 07:50 pm:

Red Hook used to do the relinings,don't know if they still do.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration