What year rear fender?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: What year rear fender?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 06:10 pm:

What year rear fender might this be? The 4 rivets on the fender bracket is what is confusing me. I would have expected the three rivet version.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 06:14 pm:

1917 - 25, I'd say.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode Chehalis Washington on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 06:30 pm:

I have what I assume to be a 17-25 Right Rear Touring/Roadster with three rivets on the bracket. Yours looks the same but left side.

Mine is looking for a home is you need a pair:
http://www.pbase.com/jimthode/model_t_parts_for_sale

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 07:13 pm:

Dang... My fenders have no crown such as described in the "Encyclopedia" found on this site. Except for the mounting bracket they are as described as a 1915-16. I wonder if they are a "morphed" version...

Just "acquired" a couple more and they are the same. :-( 17-25

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Monday, January 07, 2013 - 07:22 pm:

Three rivets for this bracket. The rivets would go straight up into the fender instead of being riveted to the "sides" of the fender. Near as I can tell from the catalogs this is the 1915-16 rear fender bracket.

Make sense?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, January 08, 2013 - 11:31 am:

What year did they add the tab that is pictured in one of the above photos? I know the late T's have them, and I believe they were to help keep mud and water from splashing up against the threads on the fender eye bolt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sosnoski on Tuesday, January 08, 2013 - 11:54 am:

The tab was added on Jan. 24, 1924 - at least on the brackets used on the Coupe fenders. I assume it was added to the others around the same time.

About the same time they also turned the brackets around. Before that, they faced forwards. After that they faced towards the rear. I'm not sure if they did that on the Touring fenders as well.

Dave S.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Tuesday, January 08, 2013 - 01:05 pm:

My mistake. In re-reading the Encyclopedia on the 1915 fenders it was speaking for the FRONT fenders having three rivets and the rear fenders did not have a crown (until 1917).

The new fenders I picked up are 1915-1916. I am happy!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration