How are the front doors on a 1912 held on?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: How are the front doors on a 1912 held on?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Sunday, January 13, 2013 - 08:06 pm:

How are the front doors on a 1912 held on? I am assuming they are held on by screws, or do they have latches so they come off easily without stripping the screws? Thank you in advanced. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Sunday, January 13, 2013 - 10:38 pm:

I did not know a 1912 had two front doors, mine has a dummy door on the drivers side. I am assuming it is bolted in and removable as I have seen a lot of 1912's without doors.
The passenger side has door hinges mounted on with screws.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. Gustaf Bryngelson on Sunday, January 13, 2013 - 11:58 pm:

My bet would be iron oxide

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Monday, January 14, 2013 - 06:49 am:

You are right Willie. I was just curious if either side panels (right door and left dummy door) can be removed quickly or do they have to be screwed out. Contemporary jeep doors can easily and quickly be removed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Mino, near Porterville on Monday, January 14, 2013 - 07:56 am:

Mounting hardware pictured here:

mounting hardware - 1912 foredoors

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Monday, January 14, 2013 - 11:39 am:

Robert, I guess the words "easy removal" was removed from your vocabulary thanks to Phil.
Even without the doors, the left side on a LHD T is not easy to enter due to the hand brake and steering wheel.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration