OT- Thank you Autozone in Lamont, CA !

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: OT- Thank you Autozone in Lamont, CA !
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Monday, January 14, 2013 - 08:33 pm:

Headed south on I-5 about 75 miles north of Bakersfield, CA yesterday when my alternator seized ....

With a serpentine belt system & one belt - no cooling fan, no power steering or power brakes.

I limped into the Pilot at the Lost Hills exit (Hwy 42 to Paso Robles).

I lucked out, AUTOZONE out of Lamont by Bakersfield had an alternator, serpentine belt, tensioner tool ...

And they made the 120 mile round trip to deliver it to me at NO CHARGE ....

I had parts by 10:30 a.m. and was on the road by 9:00 a.m. this morning ... :-)

Thank you Autozone !

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Monday, January 14, 2013 - 08:49 pm:

Dang, Jim, Who do you know, or how many beautiful women did you have with you? I worked for Autozone for at least five years and I never heard of anything like that. Of course, they would deliver to their commercial accounts, but never heard of a commercial account getting that treatment. I'd say you better go buy a Powerball ticket.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Monday, January 14, 2013 - 08:57 pm:

Terry,

No commercial account, just under my name.

No beautiful women, in fact I got the 'senior coffee' at McDonald's this morning
for 79 cents which kinda dampened my spirit since I didn't ask ....

I had never asked Autozone to deliver before, I was surprised.

It is nice to pass along good news about
good service from a national parts store chain
for a change.

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steve miller- mississauga,ontario on Monday, January 14, 2013 - 09:25 pm:

I'm jealous. Up here McD senior coffee is a buck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Monday, January 14, 2013 - 09:32 pm:

Yeah,

But I'm Polish so I McPollock Discount .... :-)

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, January 14, 2013 - 09:41 pm:

Good testimonial, thanks.

We avoid I-5 through the San Joaquin Valley, because it is so darn rough, especially in the right lane. On 99, you're never far from facilities.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ex trooper on Monday, January 14, 2013 - 11:44 pm:

Get that autozone shop a $25 gift certificate from Subway or something... food is a good reward without you seeming too gratuitous. troop

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 01:17 am:

That's awesome...and much better than the treatment the one (and last) time I tried shopping at one of our local Autozones.

Just like anywhere, it's all about the people.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 11:41 am:

Must have been a more modern vehicle! The Model T has a generator run by a gear off the timing gear. I've seen alternators adapted to run off the timing gear, but it would take a lot of work to use a serpentine belt. You would need different pulleys on the crankshaft, fan and if you have a waterpump there also. You would also need brackets to hold the alternator in place.

Good for Autozone for helping you.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 03:04 pm:

I saw a 1913 Ford Hack with a vee belt setup but I don't remember how it was done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 03:18 pm:

I know of a 1915 Runabout with a Mitsubishi 12 volt alternator on it.

That's just UN-AMERICAN!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 01:54 am:

"We avoid I-5 through the San Joaquin Valley, because it is so darn rough, especially in the right lane. On 99, you're never far from facilities."

Good ol Hwy 99. Hey Ralph, were you around when 99 had Burma Shave signs?
DJH
Fresno High, class of 63.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 08:22 am:

Dennis, they keep fixing and improving 99. The big risk through the Valley is car theft. About five of the top ten cities in the US for car theft are between Bakersfield and Sacramento. I worry every time I stay at a hotel there.

My first trip up 99 was in 1957, enroute home to Oregon from San Diego on Christmas break. I moved to San Diego after high school grad six months later, and haven't lived in Oregon since. Other than six months in Mexico City, a couple of years in Ill, and a couple in Army in Germany, I've been in SoCalif ever since.

More than the Burma-Shave signs, I remember pulling off the hiway one night in my MGTD to get a little sleep. I was awakened by the headlight and horn of an oncoming train. I hadn't seen the tracks when I parked, and it looked like the train was coming right at me. It whizzed past before I could react.

I wasn't sleepy the whole rest of the night.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 07:31 pm:

Lucky it whizzed 'past' you. Those tracks that ran along side 99 in the 50's, weren't real visible in the dark. My parents moved to Alhambra when I got out of high school. I Joined the Air Force in 64 with the hopes of going to Germany but ended up spending 21 months in Southeast Asia (a year of that in Viet Nam), instead.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration