Ford Archives

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Ford Archives
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, January 18, 2013 - 05:21 pm:

Late last year (December 2012) I posted questions about side curtains for my '27 Touring. It was suggested that I contact the Ford archives to get the proper prints and measurements and have Elizabeth at Classtique make the curtains so they match my brown canvas top. I need to know how do I contact the Ford archives? Address? Phone? Name? And what do they need from me so I get the proper information. Any help will be appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Max L. Christenson on Friday, January 18, 2013 - 05:37 pm:

Try using this attached pdf form from the Benson Ford Research Center.

application/pdf
parts_form.pdf (132.5 k)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Max L. Christenson on Friday, January 18, 2013 - 06:03 pm:

To be clear, the Benson Ford Research Center is the "Ford archives" to which you refer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 07:36 am:

Max,

Thank you for the information and request form.

How do I find out the part number for side curtains? Will just the year and model of the car be enough information for them? Did they have more then one style of side curtain for a '27 Touring?

Sorry for all the questions but I don't want to waste the time of the Benson Archive and not get the correct measurements that I need.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 07:54 am:

The drawings are usually sorted by factory number at the Benson Ford research center and the factory number is supposed to be in the spare parts catalog, but in my swedish 1926 spare parts catalog there are no factory numbers for top parts, only part numbers? (for most other parts there are both part and factory numbers)

Anyway, here are the part numbers in my catalog:
41100X Side curtain Right Front complete
41101X -"- Left -"- -"-
41102X -"- Right Middle -"-
41103X -"- Left -"- -"-
41104X -"- Right Rear -"-
41105X -"- Left -"- -"-

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 10:38 am:

I got a set of prints for my '25 roadster a while back, and with the help of a few originals I was able to make a new set. A word of caution. No one makes the proper binding for around the windows, which is 5/8, so you will have to get it made. 3/4 just doesn't look right.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration