26-7 brake cam Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: 26-7 brake cam Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Friday, January 18, 2013 - 10:07 pm:

How come the 26-7 parking brake cams only forces the shoe in one direction? unlike the 20s that the cam opens in both directions [up down].
Is there any reason this set up was any better?
The shoe wears on one end only? ...right??
cant see the benefit

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathan Bright on Friday, January 18, 2013 - 10:38 pm:

im really new at this T stuff but i ordered a lined e-brake set kit from langs and it seems to me the cam opens on the shoes on both sides.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Friday, January 18, 2013 - 11:26 pm:

Lorenzo, I thought that was just my T. Mine had done that since I got it. I have added a few washers (spacers), and it releases better but not like the earlier ones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathan Bright on Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 12:29 am:

ohh just realized mine is for a 1920 and thus it is likely i have no clue what you are talking about haha :-) good luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 10:14 am:

Prior to late 25, T brakes had an anchor bolt on the shoes. So both shoes needed to be forced open.

On the large drum axles, the single brake band enlarges in diameter and shifts on its mounting brackets so it contacts the whole drum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 02:32 pm:

I see thank you Tom .Lorenzo

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration