Removing leaf springs for speedster. any constructive input appreciated

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Removing leaf springs for speedster. any constructive input appreciated
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathan Bright on Friday, January 18, 2013 - 10:55 pm:

Hello everyone. I have a 20 speedster that i have refurbished springs for. I am trying to be very period correct with this speedster. I have a 9 leaf spring which is for closed cars. this will be a very light body in contrast. which springs should i remove? the speed handbook says the second to largest and second to smallest. Is this wise?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 12:08 am:

Once or twice while putting together a speedster, I just removed the broken leaf.
Some people prefer the stiffer suspension of all the leaves. Others like them lighter and softer. For me, it depends upon the car. Main leaf with the shackle eyes and the other full length leaf always. If the back of your car is heavier than some, the next leaf up should also be used. Beyond that, almost any one or two out should be okay.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration