Sending messages via this site to other members attn: Herb Iffrig & Tom Mullens

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Sending messages via this site to other members attn: Herb Iffrig & Tom Mullens
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace on Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 10:38 pm:

Has anyone else besides me had trouble contacting other forum members/contributers via this site?
I've tried many times to reply to a message from a gentleman named Herb Iffrig and another fellow named Tom (not sure if Mullens is his last name...I think it is...sorry... I have a terrilbe memory) via this site regarding some brass era old car literature for Queen autos and some T topics,and a Handphone blueprint inquiry.
I can't seem to get any responses from any of them through this site. Unfortunately I'm not computer savvy enough to figure this out via AOL,and Microsoft's Internet Explorer just makes it even harder to use AOL.
If for some reason I've done something to offend or annoy, PLEASE let me know.
I would like to think that I have not,and there is some sort of glitch preventing my emails from reaching their target, as this is happening over and over.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on my issue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dexter Doucet on Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 10:44 pm:

I think I might have. I sent Rob Heyen a message about a model K that was at a Ford dealership in Opelousas Louisiana in the 1950's. No hard feelings if Rob did get it and couldn't respond.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 11:19 pm:

Darren,

This seems to be a problem every now and then. And for some reason it doesn't affect everyone. That makes it so much harder for the Webmaster to track down and fix.

I sent a private message through the Forum (!) with my direct E-mail address.

Tom Mullin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 11:23 pm:

I have done it several times and USUALLY get a response, although I did one last week and never got an answer but then one was not required.
Darren, I'll send you one right now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steve miller- mississauga,ontario on Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 11:34 pm:

every message I have received through the forum has landed in my spam box.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 11:51 pm:

Dexter,

I didn't receive your PM. I've had a few email problems in the past, so it may not be a problem with the forum PM. My email is:
rob4holly@hotmail.com if you'd like to try direct.

Thanks,

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Cassara Long Island, NY on Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 08:02 am:

Please reply to User Email address listed in body of message NOT <chrisnoreply@mtfca.com>

All in-coming mail messages have the above Subject Line when sent from a members profile page.

You CANNOT "Reply To" to the message! You must open an email via the "Address" within the message.

A "reply to" probably goes to an account that is never read, only Chris has access to it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Cassara Long Island, NY on Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 08:05 am:

Sorry didn't cut and paste all the "Body" text

Congratulations! You have received a private message from the following discussion board user: John_c

-----------------------------------------------------------

test

Reply privately to this user with the following URL:

http://www.mtfca.com/cgi-bin/discus/board-profile.cgi?action=sendmsg&to=john_c&d b=0

Reply directly to this user with the following e-mail address:

jcassara@optonline.net

To: [User]john_c, From: [User]john_c
[67.82.28.149]

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Aiken, SC on Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 08:38 am:

I've sent several PM's that were never replied to. Some also have been sent to me which I never received. I've begun using e-mail contact if it's been supplied in the profile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Ireland, Montrose, Iowa on Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 08:45 am:

I used it just last week for a message to Steve in Kansas and he then replied back using it. All worked OK then. Dave.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 08:53 am:

Hello Darren.
I have your ad on my kitchen counter, in a tube with your address on it. I got called out of town for work the last two weeks and haven't been around during normal hours to go to the post office with it. It looks like tomorrow will be a day off so I hope to get it in the mail.
I hope you like it.

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep NZ on Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 12:34 pm:

Over zealous spam filters do that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike peterson on Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 12:37 pm:

no mail monday Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace on Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 06:49 pm:

Thank you very much everyone for your help!The friends I've made on this site are top notch! Thanks also to Tom and Herb for contacting me! I did figure out a different way to reply to messages sent via the MTFCA forum,and hopefully it will work :-)
Herb, please let me know how I can pay you for your kindness and/or at least the postage,and thank you for thinking of me regarding the Queen literature!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration