OT - I need help finding the production numbers of early cars?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: OT - I need help finding the production numbers of early cars?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 11:00 pm:

I know one book was referenced before, does anyone have a good resource for actual model production?

I'm really interested in car models in the 1906-1908 time frame. Specifically, I'd like to know the production numbers of higher end cars such as Pierce, Peerless, Thomas, and others.

This is an example of what I found on Conceptcarz, but it's not very complete, and many makes/models have no information:

Peerless: 1909, all models 1618
Pierce 1906 total 1000, Great Arrow 700
Locomobile total for 1907, 627
Winton, 1907, all production 1100
Cadillac total for 1907, 1030
Marmon, 1910, 476
Rolls Royce 1907-1925 7,874
Autocar 1906 713

If someone has a copy of the "Standard" book they would loan me, I'd pay shipping both ways. I do have a list of about 30 1907 cars I'm really trying to focus in on.

My email is :rob4holly@hotmail.com if anyone would like to email direct.

Thanks for suggestions,

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 11:27 pm:

Rob, take a look at this.

http://www.amazon.com/Standard-Catalog-American-Cars-1805-1942/dp/0873414284

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 11:53 pm:

Rob,

I wonder if the Association of Licensed Automobile Manufacturers (ALAM) kept / published those figures for their members. After they dissolved, who took over their papers?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 10:21 am:

Steve,

Thanks,, I ordered one.

Thomas, I don't know. I've searched period news and magazines with no luck. Stevens Duryea was the only maker with a published number I've found.

Rob

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration