Livery garage mechanic and tools-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Livery garage mechanic and tools-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 10:47 pm:

Is that a master vibrator?
Is the thing on the floor with a tank behind it a soldering iron heater?
Check out the rest of the items around the photo.

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 11:48 pm:

Nope.

That's a Remy coilbox. It's fuzzy but that black dot on the left side of the switch is a button. When you press it, it will cause one of the spark plugs to fire and hopefully you get a free start, like a Model T.

I can also see the Remy Magneto on the motor on the right side of the picture.

My dad has the same set up on his 1910 IHC Model F roadster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, January 25, 2013 - 03:27 am:

Great photo! My first thought for the car was the obvious Buick, however it just doesn't look right for a Buick. The radiator and fill neck make me want to go out on a limb and say Krit.
Otherwise, it looks like my shop. Engine and tools all over the floor. Inner tubes hanging on the door.
Thanks!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, January 25, 2013 - 06:44 am:

What a great photo. There's a lot of eye candy in this picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Friday, January 25, 2013 - 12:21 pm:

I believe the car in the picture is a 1911 Overland. Overland also used the oval radiator filler neck. The top of the radiator on a KRIT was rounded over whereas the radiator on the car in the picture has a flat top.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, January 25, 2013 - 01:23 pm:

That bowed front axle looks more like Locomobile than Overland, but the car looks too small to be a Loco.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Friday, January 25, 2013 - 01:44 pm:

There was a baby Locomobile at Hershey this year and it sure looked like that one, but baby blue. Then I saw the Big Daddy of them, the eight passenger Locomobile of Wayne Coffmans, What a huge car, it takes up two model T spaces!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, January 25, 2013 - 01:53 pm:

Great picture!!!
I would agree with Overland from the radiator but the engine on the floor has overhead valves so it may be a Buick or something else.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew David Maiers on Friday, January 25, 2013 - 02:04 pm:

looks nearly identical to this 1910 buick engine i got running, plugs in the right place, mag water pump, motor mount and even the hub for the fan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew David Maiers on Friday, January 25, 2013 - 02:10 pm:

it also has a similar firewall and windshield setup, also that same delco remy switch, it was a dummy box on this car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Friday, January 25, 2013 - 05:40 pm:

What a gorgeous car. I'd be afraid to HURT it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Saturday, January 26, 2013 - 08:07 am:

Here is a picture of a 1912 Buick which nearly matches the car in the photo. I hadn't noticed Buicks with an oval radiator neck before.
Rich
Again, Thanks to Herb for his great photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, January 26, 2013 - 03:01 pm:

Richard E,
I had never noticed an oval neck on a Buick either! That and the angle on the radiator was why I thought it would likely not be a Buick. Most Buick radiators have an angle nearer to 45 degrees. This car, and the one you posted both have a steeper angle than that. The cut of the firewall is different. And the headlamp posts are different. Maybe a year different but the model the same?
DRive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration