Door hinges - 26-7 need pic

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Door hinges - 26-7 need pic
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Sunday, May 05, 2013 - 06:32 pm:

I have a door that the hinges are not like the other, I need a set of them, like the one where it is attached to the body [green color] it is a passenger door.

Anyone can guide me to a set, I can't use the ones on the old door [rusty]

Thank you ..Lorenzo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, May 06, 2013 - 07:55 am:

Lorenzo,

You may want to clarify what body style (Fordor, Coupe, closed cab Ton Truck etc) some of us do not recognize the year and style of the body by the door hinge. Or just add a photo or two from a little further back and folks can see what year and body style the car is. In some cases folks have asked for certain year part only to find out that the body or chassis was really a different year for some reason. And if you already have a hinge but it is just rusty it may be repairable by installing an oversize hinge pin or some other repair.

Or are you saying that your car has different styles of hinges and you want the same style on all the doors? Note if it is a Fordor -- they had several different style doors some with more wood than others -- and the door may have been swapped out in the past.

A little more information will help folks know what your are looking for.

Also Mark at Model T Haven, proably has what you are looking for -- see: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/348477.html
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/357069.html
and the link to his site at: http://www.modelthaven.com/

Good luck with your project, I'm sure you will be able to locate the parts you need.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Monday, May 06, 2013 - 11:17 am:

Thank you Hap. The car is a 26 coupe the hinge on the body is different that of the door ..see pics

The ones I need have dovetail like, and are covered by a cap like that covers the whole thing . It's a 2 piece part
Thanks Again ..Lorenzo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Friday, May 10, 2013 - 06:10 pm:

cant find one set..anyone??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Friday, May 10, 2013 - 06:20 pm:

Lorenzo, those are difficult to find. 1926-7 T coupe and tudor and 1928-9 Model A CCPU used the same hinge or at least are interchangeable as a set. Brookeville Roadster is making repop hinges sold as a set. They are made the same length and have top be shortened also they are not drilled. Good luck with your hunt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Friday, May 10, 2013 - 06:39 pm:

My 26 Coupe has the kind of hinges that you are looking for. I thought I had another set but they are the one piece later hinges. My coupe is the early 26 with the piano hinge on the windshield. It could be that those style of hinges were used only in early 26. I bet you can find some but it may take some digging.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Friday, May 10, 2013 - 07:22 pm:

Well who knows? I just looked at a 26 cowl in my bone pile and it has the piano hinge windshield and the one piece hinges unlike my 26 coupe. Was Ford buying bodies from several sources in 26?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Friday, May 10, 2013 - 07:42 pm:

Well thank you all ,ill guess ill keep searching the door is in good chape,keep me in mind,you guys are great.. best
regards Lorenzo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 02:49 pm:

Have you tried Model T Haven? He has stacks and piles of T body parts.
Good luck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 02:52 pm:

yes i sent them an email with pictures i havent heard from them yet,..will.see

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 08:51 pm:

here is a better picture

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration