20 Coupe - windshield photos for Ake - sorry it took so long

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: 20 Coupe - windshield photos for Ake - sorry it took so long
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J Marino on Monday, May 06, 2013 - 04:49 pm:

Ake, sorry it took me so long to take these windshield photos. If you need more please let me know what to photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ake Osterdahl on Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 01:22 pm:

Thanks thanks Anthony
... more than I expected, perfect it solved my problem!
I will come back with details.
   I see that it differs little on my and your windshield.
I have one from a Centerdoor and one from the coupelet.
It seems Centerdoor windshield is a bit shorter. the bottom hinge is not the same as Center Door.
The brackets on the lower windshield sits a little higher on the elderly.
Coupelet is for 3 people, I think your's with. These cars are wider, I compare with my Touring in 1915, a big difference.
Thanks again Anthony

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ake Osterdahl on Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 01:50 pm:

Looked Nogare and discovers Coupelet have their brackets screwed outwards,
and Coupe and Center Door has them turning on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J Marino on Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 05:17 pm:

I will check to see if that is hard rubber around the frame when I get home from work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ake Osterdahl on Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 01:01 am:

... my car has a slot for anything so I think it should be rubber.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ake Osterdahl on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 02:28 am:

Anthony
... I see the screw that holds the bottom box is different from Coupelet and coupe.
Are your equal on both sides?
Is it made ​​of brass?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 06:21 am:

Anthony's hardware looks a lot like what I have on my '22 Coupe. I removed all the old hard rubber and put in new window rubber. A pain in the butt and time consuming because it was the first time I did it. I'm sure someone who has done it many times could give us some tips to make replacing the rubber gasket easier.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J Marino on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 03:52 pm:

Yes, it is hard black rubber around the frame.

No, the screws are not the same on each side. Looks like someone replaced the right side with a hex head bolt. The left side has a slotted screw, that looks old. Don't know if it's original or not?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ake Osterdahl on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 04:39 pm:

Thanks Anthony great help in my renovations, I will show pictures of the car
here on the forum as I get it out of the garage.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration