OT - Not model t but neat

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: OT - Not model t but neat
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob from Nova Scotia on Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 09:04 pm:

Receipt from a dealership for a Peerless. Check out what he traded in

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 09:15 pm:

His trade in wasn't very old as the Chevrolet Model D was basically a 1918 offering.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 09:19 pm:

I'd love to have either car now! Thanks for posting....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach & Big Bear on Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 10:57 pm:

It says a Chevy 8 could it be that rare V8 they only built for a short while ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 11:00 pm:

Neat Ephemera, Thanks for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 11:30 pm:

Looking at the tire cost and accounting for inflation, modern tires are relatively inexpensive by 1921 standards.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 03:39 am:

30X3.5 tire inflation should be about 65psi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 04:14 am:

It's been 1200% of inflation since 1921, so the $63 price of a 34 x 4 1/2" tire would be $819 today. 34" clinchers are sold as 880 x 120 mm today, costs $490 for black and $805 for grey Excelsiors from Coker: http://www.cokertire.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=880x120

Guess it's the volume of Model T clinchers sold in combination with cheap Vietnamese labour that makes them cheaper today. Other sizes may take years for a batch to sell - costs lots in storage.

I wouldn't mind paying $15,600 in today's dollars for a three year used 1918 Chxxy V8 - a nice machine :-) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5unH0BaCe0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob from Nova Scotia on Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 05:06 am:

Frank , I'd say its likely. This man was incredibly wealthy. My ex lived next to this property. It had a beautiful little barn for cars and I always pictured what may have lived in there. Now I know. More to follow !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 08:24 am:

The Chevrolet Model D was offered with the V8 in 1917 & 1918. Not a lot were made. If my memory serves I believe there are only about 5 known in existence today.

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Franklin Brown on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 09:25 pm:

I saw a 17 or 18 Chevy V8 sedan at Newport, IN at the 2011 Hill Climb. They are big cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 10:38 pm:

The Peerless is about the price of ten Fords.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob from Nova Scotia on Friday, May 10, 2013 - 05:45 am:

Im still amazed that two such automobiles made their way to nova Scotia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steve miller- mississauga,ontario on Friday, May 10, 2013 - 07:46 am:

Rob
Is this not about the time N.S. switched from RHD to LHD. or was that just P.E.I.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob from Nova Scotia on Friday, May 10, 2013 - 05:43 pm:

Sunday April 15 1923 at 0200.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration