Somewhat OT- - Passing of a friend

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Somewhat OT- - Passing of a friend
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 04:24 pm:

James B. Hayward of Brandon, Florida, passed away Sunday afternoon, apparently of a heart attack. He was 82. Jim was a friend of mine for many years and my Model T mentor and teacher.

Jim owned many Model Ts and several Model As during his lifetime. At the time of his passing he owned four operating Model Ts, a 1921 touring, a 1925 TT truck, 1924 and 1925 depot hacks plus another TT truck in pieces, and many, many parts and accessories.

Jim held memberships in a number of organisations, including the Suncoast T Club. Generous to a fault with those he cared about.

Jim and I talked, argued, discussed, cussed, yelled and sometimes all the above at the same time. It's only been two days and I miss him already.

I realize that most of you forum guys didn't know Jim but I wanted to let you know that our hobby has lost quite a guy. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 04:38 pm:

Bob,
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences to you along with James family and friends.
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 08:57 pm:

Carol and I send our condolences, Robert. Your friend sounds like he was quite a guy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 01:56 am:

Bob, he sounds like a really great guy. A real friendship is based on the human qualities we all are capable of displaying. God bless you for being his good friend and may Jim reside in the Lords domain.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 08:35 am:

Sorry to hear you lost a friend Robert.

A little of each of our friends becomes part of us. Be sure that you pass on that part of your friend to someone else Robert.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Friday, May 10, 2013 - 02:14 am:

Gentllemen, thank you for your kind words. Bob

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration