TT transmission

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: TT transmission
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J Williams on Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 07:57 pm:

Hi I'm new to the TT Truck hobby I stumbled on to this
TT with a trans. That takes the place of the hog'shea
A slide gear affair appears to be H pattern shift and.
Only two pedals also a small brake band on rear of trans.
The owner says that is a Utica trans but not sure
The rearend has an AUX. that says double High
Can anyone shed any light on this for me?
I want to buy it I think it might be a kind of rare setup
Thanks in advance for any help.
Jim w
JW21TT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 09:07 pm:

James

There were many types of transmissions and rear axle auxiliary attachments. Here are just a few of those many!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 01:28 am:

A few weeks ago I found a TT with a Muncie 3 speed plus reverse and a Ruckstell rear axle. Don't know what is the right gear to drive it.
Two speed rear axle three speed and reverse Muncie and two speed plus reverse Model T transmission. All together makes 12 plus 2 reverse/reverse forwards and ???? backwards.

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Leonhardt on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 08:16 am:

James,

Our '26 TT has a Twin-High Hi Lo Aux. transmission which is flawless and you can shift on the "fly". Running a high speed (5 1/6 to 1) ratio rear end allows the TT to keep up with the T's on tours.

Jack

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 11:41 am:

Hi Jack - That's a really nice picture of your TT on your profile... :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J Williams on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 01:58 pm:

Hi Again I want to thank you guys Dan. Jack. And Andre for the pics and the info I guess the seller was partially right
The trans was made in Utica but the company name was
ED & AF CRONK of Utica NY. AND THE DOUBLE HIGH -
Was made in syracuse NY. 15min from my house
I will send pics of it and my scratch built 21 TT wrecker as soon as I learn to send pics from my I pad
Nothing worse than a dinosaur with an I pad
Thanks again
J W

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration