'26 roadster - space between headlight bar and radiator shell

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: '26 roadster - space between headlight bar and radiator shell
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dana A. Crosby in Glendale, Az on Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 10:32 pm:

The headlight bar on my 26 roadster rubs against the radiator shell. Any body know how far apart they should be? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker on Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 11:23 pm:

Had that problem when we restored a 26 coupe. The bar seemed to have a slight bend in it. We had to give the headlight bar some bend to make it clear the radiator shell. Also check that your radiator is not leaning outward. I have seen a lot of 26,27 radiator shells that have been warn thru by the headlight bar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 12:58 am:

Dana, on my late 1926 touring the distance between the bar and the shell is 13/16.
I was thinking, on the early 1926 there was no bar between the headlights. The lights were directly bolted on the fender not on the bar support.

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Clipner-Los Angeles on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 03:34 am:

Might be the that the fender was bumped to many times. Mine had space when dad got it, but I think dad bumped it and it touched pass. side. I need to fix that too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Skip Anderson on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 06:49 pm:

There are two or three different headlight bars used in '26. The second one I found (without any bends) has a clearance of about 5/8". Some bars are definitely tight fits. Good luck

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration