Horse hauler not a Ford-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Horse hauler not a Ford-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 02:00 am:

Looks like they are getting some oats for the chariot.
Most likely a big car converted to a truck.
Likely a sulky race horse, with one hanging on the side.
I wish I knew what the sign on the stump said.

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 03:49 am:

I'm stumped.
I want to know what the car is?!
Thank you, Herb!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 07:06 am:

I see a mattress is tied to the back of the truck to protect the horses rear.

The front tire almost looks like it has a tread band wrapped around it for traction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 07:40 am:

The car/truck is from Ballston Spa, NY. Don't know if that's where the picture was taken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 12:04 pm:

I posted this on the AACA forum. Hopefully they can identify this vehicle.

http://forums.aaca.org/f170/need-car-identified-350761.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 01:39 pm:

It's a Garford, circa 1912.
Great photo!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 03:32 pm:

Is the horse being taken to a klan rally?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 03:35 pm:

LOL Dennis!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration