Old Photo - Harold lloyd Studio Photo For The Movie Get Out And Get Under

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Old Photo - Harold lloyd Studio Photo For The Movie Get Out And Get Under
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 09:16 am:

Here's a link to the 24+ minute long silent film.
http://archive.org/details/GetOutAndGetUnder

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 09:24 am:

Of course you know Harold was born in Nebraska......

As were Henry Fonda, Marlon Brando, Johnny Carson, Robert Taylor, Gerald Ford and many other famous people :-)

uh oh, forgot Larry the Cable Guy....

from Wikipedia:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 09:32 am:

Jay,

Sorry, great post. Thank you for the link,

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 09:40 am:

Rob, Thanks for your post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 09:44 am:

My parents were born in Nebraska, but they never bragged about it. They were just glad they escaped to Oregon at the end of 1933, just ahead of the Dust Bowl.

He bought this T new in the winter of 1923, and this was their wedding day in April, 1924.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 09:57 am:

Has anyone gone and watched the film? It's HILARIOUS. Sound or not, funny is funny, back then and now. A majority of the movie is the main character interacting with his new 1920 Model T roadster. "Only 2 more payments and she's mine!"

Some of the funnier parts are classic T humor. He gets a free start, crawls completely inside the engine compartment working on the car, or when the little kid is jumping on the running board making the car shake - so he tries to drive it thinking that the engine is running. Numerous times he's driving along and then gets out of the car and does something - grabs a bag, moves a sign - all while the car is still rolling and then he runs and gets back in the car. It's hysterical. Definitely go watch it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 09:58 am:

Ralph,

Are you sure you don't want to "return to your roots?"

And, I almost forgot, Fred Astaire was born in Omaha. In fact, his (thread hijack alert) father worked for the Storz Brewery in Omaha, owned by brewmaster Gotlieb Storz. Gotlieb's sons, Arthur and Adolph, had a Model K roadster (see, bringing this back to Ford related :-)).

We now return to your regularly scheduled thread.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 10:01 am:

Jay, Seth and all,

HCCA has an education link on their website, and when you "drill down" there is a video section. I wonder if it would be possible for us to "archive" links like this on the MTFCA site?

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 10:02 am:

Seth, The link to the entire film is posted above. And yes it's fun watching

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 10:12 am:

That's how I watched it, the link you posted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 01:50 pm:

I've seen the movie years ago. I love the part when the little kid is jumping up and down on the running board! Harold Lloyd is fantastic! (His films were so successful, he had a huge mansion known as the house built for a nickel, the admission charge for many movie houses.)
I think silent movies are better that "soundies" because without the sound to keep you informed of what is happening, you focus more onto the movie with both your eyes and your mind. You become more personally involved. It is more like you become part of the story. Whether comedy, or action/drama, several of my all-time favorite movies are silents.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 03:28 pm:

I think perhaps history needs to be rewritten...The dust bowl was created when Ralph's Parents raced from Nebraska their spinning tires and fast exit stirred up enough dust to bury the mid west

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Bishop, San Diego on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 04:17 pm:

Rob,
Storz Brewery in Omaha was the highlight of my 5 years of grad school and hospital residency in Omaha. Free tasting and free food if you took the tour! Took it as often as possible!

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 05:16 pm:

If you would like to listen to the song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz3rUXzJfUE

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration