Wire Wheel Tire Pressure

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Wire Wheel Tire Pressure
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Benton, Sherrills Ford, NC on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 12:20 pm:

What should the tire pressure be on my 26/27 wire wheels? New tubes, old tires!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 12:31 pm:

I would say anywhere between 30 & 35, your preference, much like a modern tire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 12:31 pm:

30-35 lbs works for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 12:34 pm:

I have been running several sets of wire wheels for many years at 32. The tires seem to wear evenly at that pressure. I doubt that running a little more or less would cause any issues.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Clipner-Los Angeles on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 11:21 pm:

I think I read that ford sez 27/28 lbs, I use 32/33 works for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Friday, May 10, 2013 - 12:41 am:

27 in the rear, a little less in front.
The tires bounce with any more air due to lack of shocks or dampers.
A model A with the same tires takes 35, but they had shocks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, May 10, 2013 - 10:12 am:

Actually being a wire wheel has nothing to do with it. It's the same pressure as the 21" wood wheels!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration