Aux. Trans. grease Wt ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Aux. Trans. grease Wt ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 02:45 pm:

What grease do you use in an Aux.Transmissions. I have a munchi(sp.)3 speed and a 2 speed warford that I'm putting in a couple T's. unknown lube. type.
thanks for your help,first time to mess with transmissions.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 02:47 pm:

Great question Bob! I too am about to install an aluminum 3 speed Warford and the type of lube would be a good piece of information.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 03:01 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/331880.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 03:06 pm:

Ok so I messed up. Try this:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/340066.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 03:07 pm:

Modern 90 140 will do fine for your Muncie boxes. The only conflict is that a small few new oils don't work with Brass components so keep that in mind and read the labels. If you can, it would be a good idea to replace the seals and give it a good look inside if you haven't installed it yet.

Fred

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 07:19 pm:

Thanks to everyone, found some 140 and STP and its all in. It won't be run much it's in my 4X4 unit and is Low and Standard should be able to walk along side and steer it. Ha Ha.

Bob

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration