What Gall !

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: What Gall !
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 05:15 pm:

A friend of mine noticed this nasty galling on one of my inner cones when he was teaching me how to pack my ball-bearings. Got a perfect, NOS replacement part from Royce Peterson (even had a Ford stamp on it) and I installed it today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 05:30 pm:

I thought it was a hand painted swamp scene with trees in the foreground and light reflecting on the water in the back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach & Big Bear on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 06:32 pm:

John, that is called found art. It happens a lot with cutting and polishing rocks. That is a beautiful landscape there in a swampy area and even a wading flamingo, although it is not pink. But Mary says it is a snow covered meadow with for some reason palm trees. Must be global warming in Hawaii.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 06:54 pm:

That looks better than the ones on my car. Just kidding!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 08:15 pm:

I think you got your moneys worth out of the old one.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dexter Doucet on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 09:01 pm:

Hey John, I see it!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 09:27 pm:

Its great---even the perspective with the nearer trees being proportionately larger. Frank, I live south of Interstate 10--what is snow?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 11:25 pm:

I see three California brown Pelicans on a North coast inland lagoon. I guess it depends upon the area you are used to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Friday, May 10, 2013 - 04:27 am:

Bout time to change that one, Bob. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, May 10, 2013 - 11:52 am:

It's changed, Dennis. The new one fit so darn tight, I had to bang it on with a wooden drift and a big ol' hammer. Took a while. My neighbor saw me, walked up and asked, "Wutcha doin' there, Thor?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Friday, May 10, 2013 - 01:44 pm:

" The new one fit so darn tight, I had to bang it on with a wooden drift and a big ol' hammer".
Good, that's the way they are supposed to fit. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 09:52 pm:

I've never seen one so bad. Those races are getting a bit hard to find. I never used ball bearings until I redid the front end on my '13 roadster. I had a NOS set, and wanted to try them. Nothing rolls like a ball, and those bearings are way bigger than they need to be. So far so good.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration