Old Photo - Model T Era Re-purposed Indian Motorcycle Powering a Railroad Hand Car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Old Photo - Model T Era Re-purposed Indian Motorcycle Powering a Railroad Hand Car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, May 10, 2013 - 10:52 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, May 10, 2013 - 11:04 am:

Too many things to look at all at once! I particularly like the brake set-up.

Rally neat photo, Jay. Thanks!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, May 10, 2013 - 11:20 am:

Tremendous!!! That's about as good as it gets.
Thank you Jay.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Friday, May 10, 2013 - 01:48 pm:

That's just about as 'Rube Goldberg' as it gets. :-)
But, I'll bet it got the job done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Friday, May 10, 2013 - 03:14 pm:

Pretty hard to reverse though - that's the beauty of the Fairmont's. Man those were the great old days of modern railroadin'

Hey Floyd - you awake?

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Friday, May 10, 2013 - 05:36 pm:

Reversed with 4 big guys, there are handles on all corners!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Friday, May 10, 2013 - 05:44 pm:

I guess this is where the phrase "stand on the brakes" came from. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Friday, May 10, 2013 - 07:31 pm:

Now if that thing was Harley powered, it would fly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Floyd Voie - Chehalis, Washington on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 01:02 am:

Hey Garnet, I am now! That is quite a machine. I've ran a quite few motor cars but none quite like that! My great Uncle Harding had an Indian dealership in Topeka,Kansas sure wish I had known him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph A. Stearns on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 07:47 am:

It looks like the motorcycle it really all there except for the wheels-- bet it was a quick conversion dual purpose set up. The speedometer cable is still ready to hook back up to the rear wheel or transmission /or where ever and down the dirt road we go!
My father in law rode an H D of that time period with a side car--his girl friend/wife rode in the sidecar. They were wed at 16-- both long gone now--60 plus years together--tough stock back in those days. Joe

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration