13-14 Rear Touring Bow

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: 13-14 Rear Touring Bow
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, May 10, 2013 - 11:37 am:

Here is an item that is often overlooked when installing the rear bow on a '13-14 touring. To my knowledge, Jon Anderson, Randalls brother is the only one that makes that piece.14 top14 top

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker on Friday, May 10, 2013 - 12:20 pm:

That is a tapered wood strip that goes on the rear bow, also used on the early 1915's. May also be used on all T's with oval sockets. I have a 14 and a Feb of 15 touring with this wood strip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, May 10, 2013 - 04:22 pm:

They were also used in the 1917 model year so Leon Parker is probably right - they were used on all Ts with oval sockets.

My dad recovered the original top on 1917 touring 63 years ago. One time when I was having a conversation with him about tops he mentioned that the top on his '17 has a tapered shim on the rear bow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting on Friday, May 10, 2013 - 05:44 pm:

Do the 1914 Roadsters have them also?

Herm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Friday, May 10, 2013 - 06:58 pm:

My 1911 had one originally, and now it does again.

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 10:52 am:

The roadsters don't use it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 12:31 pm:

Larry,

Thank You. Now when I start work on my 14 I can restore something else correctly. I always enjoy you informative and definitive posts.

Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 12:38 pm:

Thanks Larry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carey on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 01:05 pm:

how are they attached, nailed, screwed, glued?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 01:18 pm:

Lang's used to sell this piece. I bought and installed it when I re-did my '15 top.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 03:47 pm:

What was or is the purpose of this strip?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare - Just a little South West . on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 07:47 pm:

Thank you Larry, l was wondering how it was fixed to that bow, that small add on piece certainly makes a difference to the curved look , for the moment l will leave mine as it is, but in time will add that piece to finish the rear bow.

Thank you for sharing that set of pics.

David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 10:14 pm:

I like this kind of information, and I wish more people would post information like this. I personally enjoy technical information, and I have been constantly learning about T's for over 50 years, and don't intend to quit! A dozen or so years ago, and friend of mine and myself started a small Model T parts business. Why? Because of so many bad reproduction parts out there. We've expanded a bunch, and our motto is "If it isn't as good as Ford made it, we won't sell it" It has paid off too. We only sell to dealers, so don't go asking for a list!
Larry

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration