Brass valve stem rim washer question.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Brass valve stem rim washer question.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Rivard on Friday, May 10, 2013 - 05:34 pm:

Just received my new tubes and tires for my 15. I had the rim washers and valve stem covers already. The rim washer (hex shaped) are nickle plated and don't fit on the brass threads of the new tubes. They look like they should work but I can't get the threads to start. Is it possible that the early brass rim washers were a different thread than the newer nickle ones? Anyone had this problem?
Thanks
Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 10:56 am:

You got bit! The new valve stems that are vulcanized to the tubes are 100% wrong. To use the parts you have, you will have to get original parts, which are easy to find. Look for Schrader 777 or 888 stems.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration