Weston Meter Book

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Weston Meter Book
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Clemens - NW Phoenix AZ on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 12:46 am:

I have recently decided to try and convert a Weston Meter myself for an HCCT and found some neat information on them in Google books.

http://books.google.com/books?id=qlpYAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA91&lpg=PA91&dq=WESTON+MODEL+1 56&source=bl&ots=KiHgC1cfkA&sig=gwctqjmyd-sfZ4SWCgpL7K1pfg0&hl=en&sa=X&ei=XGaNUf q2Nq2r4AOZqIEQ&sqi=2&ved=0CGkQ6AEwCw#v=onepage&q=WESTON%20MODEL%20156&f=false

Hopefully this works and someone can use this information.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 09:02 am:

FYI,

For those folks not living in the USA, you probably won't see the download button on the website Randy listed. You will have to use an IP-hiding website or software and enter the address that Randy posted above into that - then you should see the download button.

This website works well. Just copy and paste the above address into the address box at the top of the page on the following website and click on ENTER. You'll be asked to enter some characters you see (just to prove you're a human) and the download will begin. Sorry about the website name but I can't help that: http://7.hidemyass.com/ip-2

Thanks for posting the link for this book Randy.

Regards,
Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Clemens - NW Phoenix AZ on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 09:15 am:

I tried many ways to post this. I wish there was an easier way to access it but this is the only way I could get it to post. Maybe someone in the forum has a better way?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Scherzer on Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 10:40 am:

Just an update on using a Weston meter on your HCCT which I did it with one I got off e-bay. It's a 7 inch AC 0-2 amp meter and worked as well as any Jewel meter. I did add the red on the scale to the zone the coil should be drawing, 1.2 to 1.4, to help in setting the points correctly. Bob

weston gauge

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 02:53 pm:

Bob,

Nice job on the meter. The 0 - 2 Amp generic Weston meter is quite rare. Most any Weston Model 156 meter can be converted to a HCCT meter. The Weston meter is far superior to the Jewell meter. I would compare the Weston meter to a Rolex watch and the Jewell meter to a Timex.

Be_Zero_Be

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration