Instructional videos for rear end rebuild

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Instructional videos for rear end rebuild
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick J wegelin on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 10:38 am:

Hi,
I see that Macs(and probably most vendors) sells instructional videos for rebuilding the model T rear end.
as I plan on doing this chore eventually, I'm wondering what your opinions of these videos are.
obviously only if u have watched them.
are they worth the 15 bucks per video, 70 for all five pertaining to rear end.
yes I have the mechanics handbook and can probably get thru it with that, just seems watching it first mite be a big help. tnx Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 10:42 am:

A local club in your area might have a set they check out to members, are club does. Just a thought.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 11:06 am:

I think you would find the MTFCA rear axle repair manual most useful, the Ruckstell edition if you have one. Others can comment on the videos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 11:29 am:

I have both. The video is nice for seeing the work actually being done, but I found the book much handier because I could have it in the shop and quickly turn to the page about the part I was working on. Searching through a video for the part you want is unhandy.

Here's my free video showing the tail end of rear axle assembly. It will show you the work being done, but won't give you all the information that's in Glen's book.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfxWPsF4KhQ&list=UUFVx528ORtpDgCPJXbFCA6w&index=2 4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Sullivan, Powell WY on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 11:54 am:

I bought the book(s), saw the movie. Greatly preferred the Chaffin books + Steve's link above sealed the concepts for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 10:27 pm:

The 3 videos about the rear axle and the 3 videos about rebuilding coils are very well done. There are a lot of other videos that are not worth the $15, but the above 6 definitely are. Get the books, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 10:22 am:

I set up a TV and a DVD player in my garage while I rebuilt my rear last winter. The book was open on the bench and the video was played and paused a bunch of times as I did the work... Very helpful. HOWEVER... I STILL put it together ass-backwards and the car moved in reverse instead of forward. Lesson learned!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration