Old Post Card Moose Jaw, Sask

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Old Post Card Moose Jaw, Sask
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 08:09 pm:

My great grand parents homesteaded in Sask. He and a few others bought a train load of farming equipment and before going into Canada they ran them up and down the dirt roads to give them a used look as the import tax was much less for used equipment. I looked on Google Earth and found the street shown. The taller building on the left is still there as is the church on the right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 09:06 pm:

That is a great picture Gary. Thanks for posting it.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie on Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 11:04 am:

Here it is today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 11:58 am:

Thanks Tom. I gotta learn how to copy a picture from Google Earth. If you back up a bit the 6 story building on the left (on the post card pic)is visible.
Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 12:13 pm:

Gary-
Nice picture. Is that one that someone from your family took? I'm wondering if that Model T with electrified headlights is the one that you shared as the "tractor."

Thanks for sharing again.

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 04:53 pm:

First pic is west of Main Street. Second one is east of Main Street - both looking eastward.

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 09:06 pm:

Kieth, Thanks. It's a post card evidently purchased when family was in Sask. Different Ts, different branches of the family.
Gary

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration