Installing new gaskets in Holley NH

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Installing new gaskets in Holley NH
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Defosse on Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 04:37 pm:

I'm installing a new gasket kit in a Holley NH and included is a felt piece that is to be used on the fuel line, but I don't know where it is supposed to go. Also, how is the float to be adjusted.
Thanks,
Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 04:53 pm:

Gary, the felt piece is a compression seal that seals the gas line to the carb. You put this on the end to the gas line and screw the compression nut onto the carb which seals the gas line. You have to tighten it pretty good!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 04:58 pm:

The felt is for the old style line fittings. You shouldn't need it if you have new style fittings from the gas tank to the carb.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 04:58 pm:

The float is adjusted to 1/4 inch above the gasket face. I hope you cleaned all the passageways out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 04:59 pm:

The felt will likely leak, you will probably need to fashion a more substantial packing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Defosse on Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 06:51 pm:

Jack, Where do you take the 1/4 Inch measurement?
Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 06:54 pm:

Just set the float parallel with the carb body, and it'll work fine.

I've used the original type felts on many gas lines and have never seen one leak. Just get the nuts good and snug.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell on Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 06:55 pm:

I use these, no leaks and they don't have to be as tight as felt.

http://www.modeltford.com/item/2913N.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Griffin on Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 10:09 pm:

Gary, I've been told that to make the felt packing for the gas line seal, you need to use 1 1/2 of them in each cap. Haven't tried it yet myself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money - Braidwood, IL on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 12:19 am:

I've had felt in mine for years with no problems. Wouldn't hesitate to use it again.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration