24 Coupe Windshield install ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: 24 Coupe Windshield install ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 07:53 pm:

My local glass shop would like to use something like (a rubber gasket??) in the windshield channel to install safety glass in my newly acquired 24 coupe.
What material(s) do you recommend?
Thanks.

Kirk Peterson
Santa Fe, NM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 08:25 pm:

Glass setting tape comes in cork composite and soft rubber. I always use the soft rubber. It also comes in different thicknesses. They should have at the glass shop. The newer stuff is installed by oiling the frame side of the tape and the glass is pressed into the frame and tape to make a U-fold. The excess is then cut off next to the frame. Makes for a good water-tight seal and no rattle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Monday, May 13, 2013 - 10:13 am:

Ken

Thanks for the response and information.

Kirk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Ostbye on Monday, May 13, 2013 - 05:32 pm:

I used the rubber seal you can buy thru the suppliers.. It works great but I made it easier by wetting the channel and seal with WD-40

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration