Finally, the first ride of the year.......

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Finally, the first ride of the year.......
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Monday, May 13, 2013 - 09:40 pm:

Finally worked on two cars this weekend, starting the 1913 T touring and the 1906 N. Today we finished planting corn (well, I just hauled some seed), so I treated myself with a couple of trips to town for fuel.

With a "bent wheel" it was hard to get in, but the open front N seemed to work best. I had to learn to operate all three pedals (two brakes and reverse on NRS) with just my left foot, but it all worked out OK.

It's good to be back "among the driving" :-)

Hard to believe, but a 1906 Model N is ADA approved

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Monday, May 13, 2013 - 10:13 pm:

That's Sweet! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, May 13, 2013 - 10:15 pm:

I wish I had a photo of me going down the highway with a crutch strapped to side of my motorcycle when I broke my foot! Glad to hear you are back to the land of the driving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 12:26 am:

Rob, Great photos, beautiful car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 12:41 am:

Very nice Rob. I love your Model N. Since you have that great Model K maybe you will Sale the N to me.
Ha Ha Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 08:47 am:

Thanks guys. Mark S., I'll keep you in mind :-). It's surprising how both the K and N drive much like our Ts. The primary difference with the N is the shorter wheelbase causes the ride to be much bumpier, especially on gravel roads with "washboard" surfaces.

The Model K on the other hand, is like driving a pickup truck. The 1907/08 K had the suspension beefed up dramatically (a real weakness of the first Ks). The solid suspension combined with the longer wheelbase make the K a very comfortable solid riding car.

Rob

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration