Will be selling the coupe soon.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Will be selling the coupe soon.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Monday, May 13, 2013 - 11:41 pm:

If there is anyone living close enough to be seriously interested, let me know. Here's a couple pics and there's one in my profile.

Comes with a lot of nice extra parts, two NOS tires from the late 1960s (still wrapped), spare head/fan, original bagged FORD after-market parts from the 60s and 70s, new top, and much more.

Matching block and frame numbers.

$6500 or $4000 plus trade for balance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 12:22 am:

Mighty nice car, Daniel. I'm sorry to see you're having to sell, whatever the reason. If I had only known a year ago. The paint and bodywork on my 27 coupe is going to cost me as much as your asking for the complete car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 12:27 am:

Thanks Terry. I'm only taking a temporary leave from Model T ownership. I'm working on a business venture and need the funds. I don't do bank loans so selling a toy is what I have to do for now. My 77 4 speed Trans Am is next.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode Chehalis Washington on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 01:24 am:

Looks like a nice car. More photos/info at:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/221217.html?1309674982
And
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/225024.html?1311314641
Videos at:
http://www.youtube.com/user/VenetaTownMayor/videos

Good Luck,
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 06:04 am:

Danial,

Good plan on the toys vs loan as you pursue the business venture. Hopefully it will allow you to purchase another early Ford in the future. And who knows a touring, sedan, or hack etc. may be a better fit for the family at that time. Good luck with the sale and the venture. And keep in touch.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 07:52 am:

Danial,

My wife and Dave Ramsey would be proud of you. However, I on the other hand..... :-). Good luck with the sales, then the venture plans. As Hap said, keep in touch, who knows when and where that next T may appear,

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 08:01 am:

If I were a doctor I'd be real interested in that coupe! :-)

Does the deal include the rectangular anti-roll devise?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 08:06 am:

And the cat, what about the cat? Is that part of the price?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 08:16 am:

Can the cat be used as an anti-roll devise?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 08:27 am:

Large enough but lacking in structural integrity.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money - Braidwood, IL on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 09:07 am:

It's not a CAT it's a TrafiCATor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 10:19 am:

You like that "anti-roll" device, eh? Grin...The brake works fine but this was the first time I had parked it on an incline and I wanted just a wee bit more anti-rolling insurance.

The cat is Archie, the neighbor's pet. Or I should say, "was". Archie was cool. He would sit next to my pond and watch the fish but never try to get at them. Archie has gone to the great cat house in the sky unfortunately. I miss him.

On the next go-around, which I hope to be sooner than later, I will be looking for a touring. I have two grandkids that both love the Model T and friends that love going for rides so a bigger vehicle would be better.

Thanks for digging up those old links, Jim!

Carol is trying hard to figure out a way to "save the T". She thinks I'm really going to kick myself down the road (as it were) for getting rid of it, and she's probably right. But you guys know how it goes - a man does what a man has to do.

I think the person who will be most disappointed will be my youngest granddaughter. Every time she comes to visit, she insists on taking the Model T for a ride. The last time she was here she made me take it out so she could wash it. Grin. (See my current profile pic.) But when I show her a pic of a touring and say, "there's the next one", she'll light back up I think....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 01:52 pm:

One important thing to remember. You do not need to own a model T to participate in this forum. So please do, and keep in touch. As one who has sold too many cars because I had to, I think you will come to regret it. However, cars are just things. Taking care of your family is very important. Any car can be replaced.
Good luck to you, in what ever you do! (And keep in touch)
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bernard Paulsen, San Buenaventura, Calif on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 02:45 pm:

Very reasonable priced, me thinks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 12:37 am:

Thank you Wayne. All of you guys have made me and a lot of other newbies who have come on board since, feel very welcome. This remains the friendliest and easiest to use forum I participate in. I'm not going anywhere and if I sell Betsy, another Model T will be in the near future to take her place.

There has been a lot of interest and I am just getting home and able to respond to everyone. I've received some from here and some from the Craigslist ad I posted.

Perhaps tomorrow will find me with a sale.

Carol, bless her heart, is really trying to figure out a way to allow me to keep the car. If she pulls a rabbit out of her hat then I will pull it off the market.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration